Park is closed. The beagle out front shoulda toldja.

I would say that they could not close the park until all resort guests checked out on Sunday morning. Once that obligation was over it became a possible.

Why? Your room reservation got you a room. That’s all nothing else. If they had tickets to the park, they had the same ticket fine print everyone else did.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Lash said:
His complaints lack evidence and are purely conjecture. The rants are getting tiresome when they are based on emotions and assumptions. When the complaints are based on facts then and only then will people give them the attention they deserve.

Unless the complaining is just to draw attention to himself or to provoke a reaction. If that is the case, then that's just sad.

It's odd that Just Coasting's posts are eerily similar to deleted member The PointGuru.

5 Years ago

Just Coasting’s account is older than that post.

As for facts, I love them too, but conjecture sometimes has to be done - albeit used carefully and in moderation - when talking about companies, as the facts behind their decisions and their reasoning are often known only to the ones who made the decision.

Last edited by GigaG,

Still eerily similar.

Holy Hannah . . . CP will never do anything right in the eyes of some people. I get the feeling that if the park had stayed open through the afternoon when the wind and rain picked up and the rides started to close, these same people would be belly-aching that CP should have closed and offered refunds because of the rain. Unfortunately, for some, Cedar Point is damned if they do and damned if they don't. This weekend didn't affect me at all, but all I can say is that I think it was AWESOME for CP to offer a return visit, when they are under no obligation to do so.

I have known many people that have stayed overnight and never enter the park. Many parents kick back at the beach or pool and the kids go to the park.

I just want everyone to be clear, I am not bashing the adults that do that,

I'm glad you cleared that up, otherwise you'd have a bad reputation around here.

Brandon

djDaemon said:

I'm glad you cleared that up, otherwise you'd have a bad reputation around here.

Almost spit my drink out reading this one.

That is correct. Carowinds is closed today.

Are you sure that is for Carowinds? I think it is for Geauga Lake.

There is no beagle out front.

Seagulls or muffleheads, yes. Beagles, no.

Carowinds is closed, The Hurricane out front should’ve told you.

Shades said:

Are you sure that is for Carowinds? I think it is for Geauga Lake.

Don't tell the GoFundMe group that... They might have a meltdown.

Seriously about the Carowinds I wonder what's going to happen there. I'm reading the winds could still be tropical storm force in Charlotte and of course the rain will never end.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

The forecast does not call for tropical storm strength winds in Charlotte, they are calling for lots of rain though starting Saturday night. Carowinds can probably operate Saturday but I would think they will be closed on Sunday.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I drove up from Columbus Sunday morning when I saw that rides had actually opened, just to have them close after I had been in the park 25 minutes. Needless to say, I was more than a little frustrated.

You definitely have a legitimate gripe. I can see where you were frustrated, the general conclusion drawn from quite a few enthusiasts on this board is the park was closed due to the very poor and low attendance, not so much the rain.

Because general conclusions on here are so reality based.

Right. And even when the park goes above and beyond and gives rain checks to patrons, when that's not the park's policy, there's still complaining.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service