For the log-flume naysayers...

My first big ride as a kid was those giant slides at carnivals or whatever. I always was a bit of a thrillseeker even when I was small. Honestly snake river falls is scarier than any log flume. 😆 Of course when you're a kid everything seems scary, even log flumes.

Last edited by Skyhawk06,

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

So was I the only kid who hated log flumes? I hated bouncing around in the trough, especially on the steep drop, and then getting soaked (even though "you only get a little wet!") and having to walk around with squishy socks the rest of the day.

Nowadays I find them fun, if I'm in the mood for it. I loved Slidewinder at Dollywood, but that's on a whole different level than most flumes. It's basically Flying Turns on a raft.

Last edited by birdman,

I hate rides that soak you. White Water Landing was perfect. Just a little mist.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Ken P said:

I thought Log Flumes 101 was that the boats should float, or was that advanced log flumes.

Log Flumes 101 also states that boats should fit Apparently Intamin missed that class! :)

Skyhawk06 - not everyone likes the same things. Just because you don't understand why others like something you don't, doesn't mean you should keep asking "why". I hate Millennium Force and don't understand why everyone loves it. But, I'm not going to come on here and ask why. That's what makes us unique...we all love different things in life. If we all loved the same things, life would get boring.

Everyone is entitled their opinions. You don't like log flumes...fine...move on.

I grew up in the early to mid 80s, when many of the rides at Cedar Point were tiny compared to today's standards. My friends and I loved the Mill Race and White Water Landing. They were a nice change of pace from Blue Streak, Gemini, Corkscrew, Demon Drop, and the Wildcat. They helped to provide a more well-rounded experience at the park. But, we were the kinds of kids that liked the train, the bumper cars, FASCINATION, the Space Spiral... hell, even the museum.

When my wife and I began dating, WWL was great for an opportunity to get close to each other while riding a ride. I'm sure she enjoyed it as much as I did.

Now that we have a family, I would really love to have that opportunity to ride WWL with my two boys. The youngest one is 6 and doesn't really care for any coasters besides Iron Dragon and Mine Ride. I can't guarantee that he would like WWL, but that hill is quite gentle for a young'n. There isn't much that the older boy doesn't like to ride.

1) Millenium 2) Maverick 3) Vengeance 4) Raptor 5) Magnum

All this talk about building a log flume at Cedar Point is stupid! If they built a log flume at Cedar Point I'd be so angry........................I'd just keep thinking of when they had 2. Build 2! Long live the log flume!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service