Fire & Ice stage area

Could someone post photos or video of that area. On the cam it looks like there is still some wood fencing up and a huge lawn.

I found this. looks like there is a sand area in front of the stage

https://imgur.com/a/HjvNynh

That area looks quite underwhelming. And from the previews of the show, I certainly hope there are other acts planned for all the work they put into this.

How is it underwhelming? It's a stage with various viewing areas - concrete, grass, and, as a nice surprise, a "beach" in front of the stage. It sure as heck beats a set of aluminum bleachers, or a giant structure blocking the view of the water.

Brandon

It's underwhelming becuz it's not teh thrillzzz!@!

Seriously, though. Nice looking stage and area. I'm hopeful that we'll see other shows here throughout the season(s)

How can you tell how good the show is before seeing it? The show starts today.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

^They probably watched the POV

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

This whole setup really has me concerned about the show having pacing issues especially the second half.

Any feeling of being underwhelmed is your own fault for setting your expectations irrationally high.

ValravnCP said:

Underwhelming because the stage looks like some old platform a small high school would use for a children's choir concert. Temporary as it can possibly get for a stage.

What elementary Valentine's concerts are you going to where they have that lighting rig?

Underwhelming because they advertised it like it would be similar to Luminosity when it's not even close.

By all means, show us that advertising. Because literally nothing I saw led me to believe this was going to be some enormous production. The advertising has, to my knowledge, always indicated it was a band with some fire eating and aerial stuff. Which is presumably what they have delivered.

Brandon

ValravnCP said:

Temporary as it can possibly get for a stage.

Maybe that's the idea...

Maverick since '99

Whenever I see concrete footings I always think temporary.

I’m excited for it. It’s going to provide a new view for a never before seen show. Whoever gets to see it, post some pictures of the area. We would love to see it

The fire from the webcam looked cool. Like it was N'sync with the WT. anyway the link of the stage is not working if anyone has a pic.

Wznm

Besides the lighting, I'm talking about the actual stage. The curtain around the bottom is the only difference from what it looked like earlier in June. Approaching July, I had to wonder why they still weren't close to being finished with it yet. They were, I guess from the angle on Windseeker it was hard to see. Looks like the stage has sections with wheels and collapses when needed to be moved. Wonder if it will be there for next season.

Haven't been there since Tuesday but wonder if it has seating yet? Although seating doesn't matter much if you can dance!

Also, they literally used a picture from Luminosity for Fire and Ice on their website.

Last edited by ValravnCP,

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

They literally don’t have a publicity shot of Fire & Ice to use on their website. It wasn’t open or even rehearsed. And nobody cares. It’s a show that’s having a really late opening because it’s venue was transformed from something else. It looks temporary because it is.
If it was up to me I’d make that space as flexible as possible, at least for now. I’d gauge response to a show in that corner first before I’d invest in a permanent theater, like you seem to want. And shows like this come and go- at best this show will be gone in a few seasons.
Many stages for performances these days take this form. They’re temporary, they’re removable, and they’re storable, which seems perfect for this lakeside location. And let’s go ahead and bank on the fact that audiences will have their eyes riveted on the performers anyway, and what they’re actually standing on will be no matter. Let’s also know that the space and the structure lends itself perfectly to other types of performances, be it a high school band, show choir, a special presentation for Halloweekends, or a professional group of musicians for evening entertainment.
I think a tell tale sign here is the sand. As uncomfortable as I think it sounds, I can also see where it’s an easy fix if the situation warrants. Maybe in future seasons something more permanent will be devised. Or maybe this show will be a hit and the arrangement will have to be re-thought. Or, not. I’d hesitate to deliver a review when I haven’t seen it.

I think its a smart choice. And that’s show biz, folks.

They didn't have to use a photo of a show that's completely different just because they didn't have a picture of Fire and Ice. Just use the logo. Imagine using an All Wheels Extreme picture with a guy doing a flip on a bike for Totally Live: This Country Rocks, ha.

All of this isn't a big deal. I'm just saying it didn't come close to meeting my expectations, that's all.

Last edited by ValravnCP,

But it's not completely different. It's live music and aerial acrobatics. Literally what Luminosity was.

I mean Luminosity had all those acts and many dancers so it's a lot different. Not a bad thing though, I just miss Luminosity (I guess that's obvious though haha) and was really hoping for something closer to it but this show is pretty good too. I really love that they have the flamethrowers and the man twirling fire, that's awesome and really fits the theme. Next time I won't get my hopes up so much for a copy of an old show lol. I always find myself loving every show anyway.

I deleted my comment about the stage, I realized my wording was pretty bad. The area doesn't look bad at all, in fact I like it. I was just hoping for a larger stage and (again) something closer to Luminosity. The past is the past though.

I watched the 8:30 show last night (Saturday) and was very impressed, even though the for effects weren't being used. Both with the show and the area around it. The fake grass and the "beach" in front of the stage was well done, and a far cry from the days of sitting on the concrete midway to watch the old laser show.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service