All Season Alcohol Cup

http://cpfoodblog.com/everything-to-know-about-cedar-point-surf-lou...venir-cup/

I think some of us here would put a hurting on this!

ROUNDABOUND.

Me: You'd have to get somewhere between 8-15 refills to make this a worthy investment.

Also Me: Challenge Accepted

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

Not really a good deal if you do the math and consider the limitations, since the per-drink price asymptotically approaches $10 (because the refill price is $10, natch), and these fruity drinks are rarely a "good deal" to begin with.

If we assume a median regular drink price of $11.50, it's not until drink #11 that the per-drink price saves money, at $11.36. And then:

• Drink #15 = $11.00 (per drink price saved = $0.50)
  • Drink #20 = $10.75 (per drink price saved = $0.75)
  • Drink #25 = $10.60 (per drink price saved = $0.90)
  • Drink #30 = $10.50 (per drink price saved = $1.00)
  • Drink #35 = $10.43 (per drink price saved = $1.07)
  • Drink #100 = $10.15 (per drink price saved = $1.35, at which point you've spent $1,014.95 in total, though to be fair you've "saved" a total of $135.05)

And the limitations - only those few drinks, only at Surf Bar, have to carry and clean your own cup - means you'd have to spend an awful lot of time there to make it a wise investment.

In other words, I'm pretty sure this was conceived solely by, and for, Pete. ;-)

Brandon

But I’m pretty sure sales will increase due to the PERCEIVED value...

ROUNDABOUND.

If it was refillable with BEER I would be interested.

Lord. The refillable Mai Tais at the poolside bar on Kaanapali in Maui were cheaper than this!

So... I’ll take the Long Island, please. And watch out, Dodgem riders. I’m drunk behind the wheel again.

Last edited by RCMAC,

All I know is a few Tropical Lake Eries and then some night rides on Magnum = bliss.

This is likely the worst all you can anything in the world.

I love surf lounge, I don’t go there for good prices or diabetes.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

if I could get Captain and Coke Zero in it, I'd probably go for it - but I rarely do fruity cocktails, unless it's something from Disney or on a cruise

I don't drink alcohol, but for those that do, this ain't no bargain.

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

Definitely not a bargain, but I like idea and the look of the cup. Not for $24.95 though.

I think they could be a bargain at more captive places, like Kalahari for example. At Breakers, you can drink your own stuff around the property, so the value is diminished.

Brandon

For the $24.95 price of the AYCD Surf Lounge cup, you can buy 3 six packs of beer or malt beverage (Smirnoff ice, mikes hard, etc...) at the Marina store or Camper Village store. You can enjoy them at the marina, on the bayside pier, the CP beach or by the pools. And, you can even bring an open one in the park with you. You just have to plan to drink all 6, but without the limitations placed on by the Surf Lounge cup. Also, try your PP discount, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'm on vacation.

Do I really have to know how many calories are in my drink ?

You do now since they have the calories listed on the drink menus.

We got this cup last year. As much as we visit the Surf Lounge, it was worth it for us (perceived value I get). I enjoy hanging out at the Surf Lounge because of the bartenders and the people we meet from all over the country.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

For some of us, it's a regular hangout and not just a vacation. I get one cheat meal/day a week and I'm not going to use it on fruity drinks (maybe a fresh lime margarita). Whiskey, a sugar cube, some bitters and a muddled orange and cherry come into play - then we'll talk ;-)

If you were into cups or lived closer by then I get it. But for me being there 4 days a year, and maybe only 2 at the Breakers it's a hard PASS. Beer cup, usable in the park? Where do I sign up?

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service