Fun Pix watermark

Can anyone explain the Fun Pix watermark situation/solution? I tried reading the FAQ in the CP app and only get more confused. I recently spent $60+ to renew Fun Pix for 2018, and the FAQ seems to say that I have to also buy a digital download of each photo on top of that if I want to have a watermark free photo? So what exactly did I get for my initial purchase? I have to be missing something here.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Have you tried contacting FunPix? I had a similar issue at Kings Island a few weeks back, and their customer service manually removed the watermarks for me. They didn't really have an answer as to why they showed up...

You can contact FunPix by clicking contact at the bottom of the website.

When I download my zip file from the FunPix website on my desktop there are no “FunPix” watermarks like you see on the monitors in park. So if you are getting that contact them. The various themed boarders are there although I don’t always see them while browsing my gallery.

I read in a FAQ last year that the digital download you receive is at 300dpi which is fine for viewing on a phone or posting online. If you order a print from them (online or in-park) they use a 600dpi source image so it will look much clearer especially for a larger size like 8x10 or above.

BTW, although the FAQ states the images are available online until the end of season, all mine are there from 2016 on. I still make a point of downloading them each fall just in case.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

I had this happen in previous years. It seems like your Fun Pix needs to be "activated" or something at each new park you go to. Have to ask one of the staff at the park.

That’s good to know. The boy and I are heading to Kings Island later this week, bought the Platinum Funpix mostly for him because he loves photos.

ROUNDABOUND.

I find it puzzling which programs CF chooses to handle in-house and which they contract out.

Its odd that Accesso is still used and upcharges for the online processing of orders, this is something that is so automated and common with very little customer interface interaction except HAVING to agree to the surcharge that in house handling seems practical.

FunPix and Food Stand ordering kiosks are done by in-house IT in Sandusky. These are interfaces with high level of customer interactions, getting it right takes a lot of knowledge of user interface design. Its very easy to miss the simplest action, be counter-intuitive or forget up-charge opportunities in programming. This is along with the issues that people have of attaching them to season passes, park apps and hardware scanners.

It seems like it would've made sense to contract these out to specialized IT companies, just for the sake of intuitive user interfaces.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Shane, I suggest stopping at the FunPix booth at the entrance and having them check your account to make sure it is a go. Also expect problems at Vortex becuase it is unmanned, the images are slow to load and always has problems.

XS, I always had the same thoughts on the food kiosks, they never seem to work well with dinning/drink plans. Though Accesso seems to have some problems as well as I recall with the WCO and First Rider events. Though that could have been the park not supplying them with the correct parameters to set it up.

I noticed this weekend that the watermarks are no longer semi-transparent gray or blue, but obnoxious white on the monitors in the park. It makes it almost impossible to even see the pics to identify yours. I get the point of having the watermark there, but they've taken it too far.

I agree about the food kiosks. They have so much potential to help with the labor problem, but they're so poorly done that they just cause more delay and irritation with getting your food. One night I was at RoundUp, they literally had an employee out there to help people and explain all the caveats of the kiosk. Why it's impossible to order a season drink pass refill on the stupid things almost two seasons after they showed up is beyond me. So then you still have to go interact with the cashier anyway even if you do manage to get your food ordered on the kiosk.

The POS systems themselves just seem to require too many button presses for simple things like redeeming a meal or drink plan. Then sometimes they do dumb things like take away a meal when you only got a drink. I've got to imagine there's a way for it to go something like scan the pass, be presented with a list of eligible entitlements, tap the proper one to deduct it. Or tap more than one if getting a meal and a drink and then press Go or something to that effect.

I'm not sure whether outsourced IT or internal is better suited for the job, but there are obvious issues that seem to be very slow in getting addressed.

-Matt

You’d think they’d have a better kiosk system UI.
It’s not like they don’t have 6-7 months of off season to test it out.

CP IT Dept: Drive to a McDonald's, get out of the car, grab your phones, go inside, record each other ordering from kiosks... and learn.

(p.s. turn off the ridiculously childish CP animations, the kiosk hardware CF bought is pretty weak compared to those fancy McDonald's screens.)

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Lots of good advice here and other comments about the food kiosks... As to the original issue - apparently FunPix was not yet "activated" to my season pass. I hadn't purchased Fun Pix for 2018 until a week ago (had it in 2016 and 2017). After I bought my renewal for 2018 and added the 20 digit code (or however many characters it was) from the back of my pass - all of my 2016 and 2017 pics showed up in the CP app on my phone. So I assumed that was all that I needed to do... Went to CP last Thursday with daughter's BF and used my pass to add our on-ride pics from Raptor, Valravyn, Maverick, and Steel Vengeance at the post ride photo counters. Again, I just assumed all was working properly.

But I guess there is the second step of taking the FunPix receipt code and pass to a photo booth for a second activation or some such thing? Did that last night and that removed the watermark from my pics from last Thursday.

I don't remember having to do that in 2017, but my memory also isn't what it used to be...

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Just ordered our ‘all inclusive’ tickets.. to my dismay, the tickets clearly state to visit a funpix kiosk, then a participating food establishment, then a participating drink stand, and finally the FastLane sales stand of choice for all FOUR inclusive items beit wristbands/lanyard. This is insulting. ONE wrist band can’t accomplish this? Created/printed/applied at the gate upon admission for every customer who opts to add on such things? #endRant

Considering a season pass can do all those things (minus fast lane), it's not like it would be a stretch to do so.

I get they want a wristband to ensure it stays with 1 person, but they could have 1 wristband with a code that does all of that. (Doesn't need to be full on magic bands. )Having to redeem all that, then wear two wristbands and keep track of a card plus a receipt for food isn't exactly a premium experience for that price.

Last edited by Joe E,

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

Well CP puts more focus on breaking records that IT infrastructure which for the most part I am OK with but maybe a little more balance is in order. You should be able to take care of the drink and food passes at one location to save a bit of time,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service