Church Service at Hotel Breakers

Does anyone know if they will have Catholic Church Services at Hotel Breakers this weekend like they usually do during the summer?

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Hope and pray that the park knows.
You should give them a call.

I learn something new every day. Where does this get held at?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I had no idea they did that. Where was it located? Interesting that it would be a Catholic service only and not a nondenominational service for everyone.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

As a test of faith it is held from 9-10.
/jk

Kevinj said:
I learn something new every day. Where does this get held at?

The Steele Vengeance que would be a good spot.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

I guess that means I’m going to Hell.
They used to have them in the convention meeting space up over the Coral Dining Room. Not sure now. And I believe the Catholics get their own, there’s drinkin and gamblin.
\jk

Last edited by RCMAC,

I believe it is held in the Hotel Breakers conference room.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

There used to be a Catholic Mass at 8 and 10 and a nondenominational service at 9. They were held in the Breakers East convention center.

Not so interesting that they held two catholic and one nondenominational...I believe this was added during the Dick Kenzel era, he is a very devoted catholic

Yes, he is a very devout Catholic. If you don’t have his book, I highly recommend purchasing it. I’ll admit that I’m not a big reader, and I purchased it from Amazon. Once it came, I started reading it, and I didn’t want to put it down, lol.
And on a side note for those who were asking, Pete is right, they have Mass in the Hotel Breakers Conference Room in the East Tower.
Whoever said Steel Vengeance queue line; if Tony could arrange it, I’d be all for it; as the Mass could be in English & Spanish to go with the Western theme, 😂

Last edited by Jake10,

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger

"God be with y'all!"
"And also with you'ns!"

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

If you know by any chance, guys, if they still do the Catholic Church Services at Hotel Breakers at weekends?

Currently no.
Maybe once the park opens though.

I had to check the dates here... was a little freaked out to see a post from Pete. 🙁

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Could you imagine the outcry of them having a Muslim or Jewish prayer service? Or literally anything other than “let’s pray to Jesus” services.

First ride; Magnum 1994

careymadison, yes as someone posted above, not currently. Although there are 3 Catholic Churches in Sandusky; Holy Angels, St. Mary’s & Sts. Peter & Paul. There is also St. Peter in Huron, and St. Mary’s in Vermilion. If anyone wants the service times, let me know, I’d be happy to help.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger

GL2CP:

Could you imagine the outcry

I can’t. Who cares what service they have. If you don’t like it don’t go.

We all know that’s not how people operate though.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I used to hit the Catholic Mass in the convention center before starting work back in 1978. Very convenient. And my family went to Mass at the Polynesian Village at Disney World one year. That was a nice, outside Mass. But I don’t think many parks do that anymore.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service