Favorite Cedar Point Commercial(s)?

What is your favorite Cedar Point commercials?

Here are some of mine:

Not a favorite-favorite but I remember seeing this one at my Grandparents' house and it did the ads' job done (sort of, not sure if I went to CP in 1999)

Yeah, my taste is poor. But I'm sure you have other favorite Cedar Point commercials, perhaps one from the 80s or so.

The original cgi Raptor commercial and the Millennium Force commercial.

Maverick since '99

Monday Funday!
Tuesday Funday!
Wednesday Funday!
Thursday Funday!
Everyday is Funday! At Cedar Point!
(Sandusky, Ohio)

Enjoying the Ohio park on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie since the mid-1970s!

^ When it aired, that was one of CP's most effective commercials. It was mentioned in textbooks for its effectiveness. Still one of my favorite commercials.

Lovedthw Millennium Force commercial. At the turn of the century, there were signs...

ROUNDABOUND.

Fear is the key. Fear sticks in the psyche.

Fear is key to everything.

If we build it, they will come.

That was a good commercial. And for the record, I LOVE how Magnum tosses me around like a rag doll!

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

I love this one

Last edited by ValravnCP,

As much as I HATE commercials, I have a few favorites:

Millennium Force had an awesome commercial...Sends you to another world or something:

Skyhawk's ad was short, sweet, and to the point:

Power Tower was cool as well:

Gemini is a little weird:

I wonder what the commercial for MaXair was?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Always wondered why a park as large as this needed to use stock footage that was clearly not cedar point. Generic coaster shots to fill the gaps in their commercial. Why is This done so often? Seems like they could do it right with such a high profile park.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Usually the company they hire to produce the commercial is responsible for that. Likely they didn't have the footage/shot they actually wanted or simply they assume the GP won't notice. In some cases the product they want to show isn't even finished yet so they use stock footage in place of it.

Interesting, but also, didn't they do this before they had software like no limits 2?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service