A Short Cedar point film I made with my son, including a hyperlapse lapse throughout the park - Enjoy!

My first short film was truly a labor of love. The hyperlapse sequence at Cedar Point amusement park was thousands of pictures (over 80 gigs worth) painstakingly shot 2 feet apart at the same focal point and level. It took much of the day to shoot. Then a few days in post to clean up the photos, stabilize the final sequence and a day or two to make the audio. Yes, those 100+ sound clips I found/made were all put in post. There is little to no margin of error in hyperlapsing, but done correctly the end effect is just awesome. I still have allot to learn.

Last edited by club411,

Well I heard Muddy singing and that's a win for me. So *thumbs up*.

Richie A.

Rihard 2000 said:
Well I heard Muddy singing and that's a win for me. So *thumbs up*.

Glad you liked/heard that. :)

Very neat! Loved the quick transition to the pull away from Breakers.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

TTD 120mph said:
Very neat! Loved the quick transition to the pull away from Breakers.

Thanks!

Damn. I thought my post work was good, you just shat on my projects easily lol.

When you say stabilize the pictures, were these all shot with a camera you were carrying just on a time lapse? Any gimbal / onboard stabilization prior to post?

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

thedevariouseffect said:

Damn. I thought my post work was good, you just shat on my projects easily lol.

When you say stabilize the pictures, were these all shot with a camera you were carrying just on a time lapse? Any gimbal / onboard stabilization prior to post?

First off thanks, It was my first hyperlapse. If you shoot in in a straight line like I did (with a monopod, much easier than tripod) for the breakers part it is "usually" easy to stabilize. The process goes --> Pick a focal point --> shoot walk two steps, repeat again and again.

Then in post --> Lightroom to color correct, apply changes to all then export all --> then to Adobe After effects to use warp stabilizer --> then to Final Cut.

HOWEVER - If you are not in the same line, as such with the walkway paths at Cedar Point Warp Stabilizer can't figure it out. So I had to cut them down into 8 segments and then cut them all back. Took me a few days.

Then audio - which was all done is post with sounds I bought and made to mimic CP. That was actually easy and I was dreading it.

Now to figure out how the master of hyperlapse does it - check this out -

great job! I was particularly impressed with your sound edits.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Urumqi said:

great job! I was particularly impressed with your sound edits.

Thanks! If you know the park like we do then you would enjoy. I imagine most people won't really hear some of the goodies I made.

That reminds me of any trip I've taken to CP. It's a blur of memories and when thinking back that's exactly how it feels.

I really enjoyed it, thank you for sharing and the work you put into it!

Çp4€và04 said:
That reminds me of any trip I've taken to CP. It's a blur of memories and when thinking back that's exactly how it feels.

I really enjoyed it, thank you for sharing and the work you put into it!

Thanks for the message!

Your short film is ok.
Your son is cute.
I like your house.
There’s no need to quote the person directly above you in order to reply to them.

RCMAC said:

Your short film is ok.
Your son is cute.
I like your house.
There’s no need to quote the person directly above you in order to reply to them.

Oh is that how forums work? I wouldn't know.

Clearly. Glad to help!

RCMAC said:

Clearly. Glad to help!

I was being sarcastic. Since you started and I am in a foul mood:

• I have owned forums that have sold for millions of dollars.
  • I have invented the most widely used mobile browser in the world for forums.
  • I also invented way for forums to make money that was bought by Google.
  • I started a national forum owners conference called forumcon.

I know forums. Thanks for your input.

Ray

I didn’t say you weren’t awesome.

club411 said:

I was being sarcastic. Since you started and I am in a foul mood:

• I have owned forums that have sold for millions of dollars.
  • I have invented the most widely used mobile browser in the world for forums.
  • I also invented way for forums to make money that was bought by Google.
  • I started a national forum owners conference called forumcon.

I know forums. Thanks for your input.

Ray

All those credentials, and you still couldn't read the "posting guidelines."

Only, you know, because I'm in a foul mood and you had to get all braggy here.

Why do I even bother? I am sorry for ruining your forum with my "ok" content.

Club411, your video was awesome. RCMAC, someone complaining about how someone else uses quotes in posts caused multiple posts of "noise", very counterproductive. Let's try to keep criticism down so all can more fully enjoy the forum.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Thanks for the scolding, my apologies all around. I didn’t know I had approached a genius, and was just offering tips to someone I didn’t know for following guidelines we all try to adhere to.
And god forbid noise should come along around here to interrupt everyone’s enjoyment....

Anyway, sorry. I’m out. Carry on.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service