OpenRCT2 Cedar Point Recreation

Anybody that was a fan of RollerCoaster Tycoon should download OpenRCT2. Some game developers that were in love with the game decided to make it work on newer hardware. You still need a copy of RollerCoaster Tycoon to use it. More information can be found at their website https://openrct2.org/

You can do so many more things with OpenRCT2. There are even new flat rides and coaster trains! I decided to update a recreation of Cedar Point that ThisKid55 did back in 2009. A youtube video showing what he created can be found at

I have not updated the park completely but I did add in the new major attractions such as GateKeeper, Valravn, and updated Mantis to Rougarou. I do not have the heart to remove Demon Drop, Shoot the Rapids, or Wildcat.

The recreation that I updated can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iVZy3cSTzdKgOlwcgXSZcp-id78epOrR/v...sp=sharing

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

^ wish I could see what you posted.

Last edited by Sapman,

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

Last edited by Sapman,

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

Last edited by Sapman,

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

Last edited by Sapman,

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

Last edited by Sapman,

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

Norton is saying that link is "dangerous", with 6 virus incidents.

Do you vouch for the safety of any downloads?

ETA: The .org link in your first post.

Last edited by DaveDzRochNY,

DaveDzRochNY said:

Norton

Found the issue.

Has never failed me yet. Does "Kasperski" let it through, comrade?

Last edited by DaveDzRochNY,

On a slightly different note, with the collaboration CP and Pioneer had with Steel Vengeance, I'd love to see an official entire CP park add-on to Planet Coaster. Imagine all the fun there could be had by knocking down Cedars and trying to build something in that space.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Looks great! RCT2 has consumed more hours of my life than I'd like to admit. So has Locomotion. Chris Sawyer really knew how to brainwash me.

Last edited by MichaelB,

Pete said:

On a slightly different note, with the collaboration CP and Pioneer had with Steel Vengeance, I'd love to see an official entire CP park add-on to Planet Coaster. Imagine all the fun there could be had by knocking down Cedars and trying to build something in that space.

That would be fun. In my version, the waterpark would go bye-bye and Challenge Park would return, including all of its original attractions and then some.

I would happily fix those darn Luminosity bleachers and expand seating, and Starlight Experience would make a comeback as well.

Oh, and I would make guests pay 50 cents per restroom visit. >:D

Last edited by ValravnCP,

Why did you make Gatekeeper green? You know, instead of blue...which is an option.

I mean, all that work....why not just make Magnum yellow?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

It looks blue in the picture to me.

RMC streak or bust!

It sure does now. Glad I could help ;)

Promoter of fog.

OpenRCT2 recently added the ability to make hybrid coasters. I added Steel Vengeance to the park files that can be accessed at the same link above.

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

I've had OpenRCT2, it's an awesome game but I'd never realized you could pull all this off. This looks amazing.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I'm now hosting the park recreation under multiplayer on OpenRCT2.

If anybody is interested in improving the park, e-mail me your user name and hash and I will add you as an admin to my server. To find your hash, go to your OpenRCT2 directory and look inside the keys folder. The hash number will be next to your user name in the .pubkey file.

sapman@hotmail.com

Justin
Midway Market 2004
Corkscrew ATL 2003
Corkscrew Crew 2002

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service