Gone and missed

Yes. Fresh Seagull BBQ.

WildCat

Dodgem

IMAX Theater

Sky needle (forgot official name)

The old entrance

Pepsi (I liked both Coke and Pepsi when I loved cola, but Pepsi's Mug root beer with it's caffeine-free flavor made great end of trip Root Beer Floats at the frozen custard stand)

Cedar Point Aquarium

the-now demolished original Mean Streak (although in recent years I don't miss it due to how bumpy it is)

Jr. Gemini

The old Ferris wheel by the CP&LE Midway depot

Mantis (though I was too young to ride the very original 1996 version without the hill brake as one user mentioned)

Shoot the Rapids (Honorable Mention)

Multi-page photographic Cedar Point brochures (Nitpicky, so another Honorable Mention)

The original Ocean Motion ride where Windseeker is now (it was a lot more thrilling back then along with the craftsmanship of the wooden ship felt authentic)

Calypso

Last edited by CPClassic,

Does anyone have a picture of the original Ocean Motion ride? I'm at the park now and stared at the ride for minutes, believing that the current ride looks much smaller than the one I grew up with and remembered. The current ride looks similar to a carnival version.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

But it is. It's a Huss Bounty and is a standard portable model. I do know that prior to its move the boat was replaced with a new one, but it's the same size and all.

I occasionally hear park fans state (or complain) that flats at certain places look "carnival" and portable. The truth is they all are. Some manufacturers offer a "park model" and it's basically the same ride without the platforms and ramps. The park is responsible then for the ride's surroundings, usually choosing a cement or brick platform giving the ride a more "permanent" look. But often a close inspection reveals the same trailer type of ride base, which allows the park to tear everything up and move it when required.

I thought CP made a strange choice when Ocean Motion moved to the front gate. I pictured it somewhere in Frontier Town, or maybe in another location on the lake side of the park. Turns out they did a nice job with it though. It doesn't fly as high as it used to, but that's ok for the family/kid-friendly ride they were shooting for.

Edit: I lied. The Huss ride is a Pirate and Intamin's version is Bounty. Sorry. CP has a Pirate.

Last edited by RCMAC,

Thanks

Missed: Western Cruise, IMAX theater, White Water Landing, Upside Down Funhouse, the 2 dark rides: Pirate Ride and Earthquake. CP needs some of these again in their lineup.

CPClassic said:
Dodgem

The original Ocean Motion ride where Windseeker is now (it was a lot more thrilling back then along with the craftsmanship of the wooden ship felt authentic)

Calypso

Dodgem is still there, relocated next to MaXair.

Ocean Motion is the exact same ride, the boat was always fiberglass, not wood.

Calypso is still there, just renamed and rethemed to Tiki Twirl. It is in front of Wicked Twister.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Disappointment Transport.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

RCMAC said:

...Ocean Motion...doesn't fly as high as it used to, but that's ok for the family/kid-friendly ride they were shooting for.

Interesting. Why would that have been changed? How do you know it was changed?

I have to admit that I think the Kings Island swinging ship (Intamin) and the one at Holiday World (Chance) both give slightly better rides than Ocean Motion.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

^ I agree with Chuck, I thought the Kings Island Viking Fury was a better ride. I'm not certain but I think it has more rows of benches, so back row would swing higher, unless there are governors to limit it.

As for Dodgem, it was enjoyable until they installed the new cars which are lethargic. We used to ride it almost every visit, now hardly ever.

With our young daughters, we've become "experts in our own minds" with swing rides and have reached unanimous consensus that King Island's Viking Fury is the greatest swing ride known to (wo)mankind -- [at least that section of (wo)mankind riding swing rides in the upper Midwest and Ontario]. Cedar Point's Ocean Motion is firmly at the bottom of our list, although we still feel delight while riding it.

Check out Darien Lake's Pirate... It barely swings, and I think the ride cycle is about 30 seconds. Oh and they bypassed the queue house because it's rotted and falling in the water. It's awful.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

Bayern Curve
Giant slide
Putt putt by Breakers
Earthquake and Pirate ride, can still remember some of the sounds
Bobsled ride, forget the name but turned into disaster transport
Kid Arthur's court
Frontier sky ride but I barely remember it
My dad only rides three rides- paddle wheel express, mill race and the giant wheel, he has one ride left to enjoy!

Also the nostalgic commercials they showed at the end of the season

Paddlewheel Excursions
Wildcat
White Water Landing

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

pirate ride

wildcat

sky slide

white water landing

boat excursion

nestea plunge/ mill race

calypso

Last edited by redsfan,

The mythical LHP gate, soak city early entry parking, Marina /pretend we're dining at Famous Daves gate parking.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

BooBuzz

Brandon

The Tunnel.

Millennium Force Green Train

Loving Maverick since 2007!

Demon drop

Avalanche run

Mill Run

Frontier Sky Ride

Gemini 3 trains

Wildcat