VIP Sunrise Tours

I have Platinum Pass, so it would cost me $199 for 2 people. (Wish they had it for 1 person.) Anyone ever do the tour and enjoy it? What did you like about it and what does the 4.5 hour tour all include? Please leave spoilers!

Platinum Pass Holder/GOCC Member

It's $199 PER person. Minimum two people.

I thought about doing it while I was there earlier this month but the price tag was a little much with every thing else we where doing.

Yeah $199.99 per person is a bit steep

Busch Gardens Williamsburg offers a similar tour with even more perks (their mini version of FL, picture CD of the tour, etc), and is $75.00 per person with a minimum purchase of 2 ($150.00 total) and can be discounted if you hold a season pass.

I get that it's Cedar Point and all, but that price isn't worth it to me. If it comes down I'll gladly go on one.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

codeGR said:
It's $199 PER person. Minimum two people.

Oh, yikes!

Platinum Pass Holder/GOCC Member

plus park admission lol

My wife and I have talked several times about doing the Sunrise Thrills Tour, but there just isnt enough value in it for us to justify the $199 p/p cost. There are just too many things that we already have that are part of the tour:

*Preferred Parking; I park at the marina. Cant beat that.

*FunPix: I already have it

Breakfast and Single Meal Deal: I have the all-season dining plan

Two, one time use fast lane vouchers: I already struggle to use the ones I got from my Ride Warriors Club Membership.

Everything else doesn't give me enough value to spend $400 for my wife and I to do it. Maybe someday they will offer different levels for the tour. To me, its not really designed for the platinum passholder who visits frequently.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I'd rather do a "sunset" tour. I'm not awake at sunrise.

Since we stay on point, we usually do our own sunset tour after some quality time at Surf lounge. We refill our souvenir cups with some drinks and wander down to windseeker and generally run into some very friendly maintenance guys. Nice to unwind and have some good conversation with the guys that do the overnight work.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I just did a Sunrise Tour for the second time a few weeks back. I've lucked out and managed to have nobody else but myself and the person who accompanied me on the tour both times, and I think that makes a big difference. Group sizes can be as large as 12, but only 4 guests at a time can be on top of Valravn's lift so larger groups will spend less time up there. Small groups spend 20-30 minutes at the top looking around, and the other behind the scenes parts are unique as well, going underneath rides like MF or TTD while they're running was a surprise the first time I did it. I've done the off-season tours and RWC/ACE events for years, but both times I've done the Sunrise Tour I absolutely loved it and had new experiences each time. The weather is always a gamble though - if it looks like rain you should reschedule it because even a light drizzle will mean you can't go up to the top of Valravn.

-Tyler A-

My son & I took this tour last year. For those that are behind the scenes junkies, it was well worth the price. Our tour guides were very dynamic and knowledgeable. The views from atop Valraven were beyond compare. There were 9 in our tour and did not feel crowded with that number of people. As Platinum Pass holders, we also received a small discount as we did not need admission tickets. There were also a couple of single use Fast Lane passes for each of us. It would have been nice if they included a full Fast Lane, but that is just a thought not a complaint.

We will take this tour again next year.

Raptor, Banshee, MF & Beast.
Rode Corkscrew first year it was open, yes I am that old!

I was waiting to get in the marina entrance Wednesday morning in front of a couple who had just done the VIP tour the day before and the guy proposed to his girlfriend at the top of Valravn. Thought that was pretty cool.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service