Valravn reviews

I was acually pleasantly surprised from valravn! I was expecting a mediocre b&m but I got more! definatly recommend it for thrill seekers!!!

Update: Mother's Day 2017...with only 10 minute waits on EVERYTHING, I finally got to ride Valravn in the front row, 3 times. What a difference! Absolutely incredible. When I had only gotten to ride in the middle of the back 2 rows, I thought the ride was ok, at best. The front row is the only reason for this ride to exist.

I loved the back row. I can see plenty and the forces are better.

I rode middle row for the first time on Mother's Day, and it was very meh, to me. I prefer front, back row is okay, but the middle took a way a lot of the drop to me. You don't get the visual as well.

As for Raptor, it's my second favorite coaster (Maverick finally knocked it out of first) and I would LOVE for it to get the vest restraints. To me, they are far more comfortable, my head isn't banging around (I'm only 5'1", so I'm sure that makes a difference) and I feel less constrained, which always makes it feel a little more exhilarating.

Finally got my first Valravn (and first dive coaster overall) experience this past weekend. I loved it!

The ride itself is just gorgeous. We waited at the marina entrance to get in and the way it's looming over you and incorporated into the midway is really cool. Every time we walked past it I couldn't help but just stare up and admire it.

My first ride was front row right in the middle. The views are obviously fantastic on this ride since you actually get a few seconds to take it all in before the dive. Even with that I found myself just staring down at the track waiting for the drop. The anticipation is awesome and the ride itself is really fun!

My second ride was the next night when it was completely dark. That was a totally different experience. I would call Valravn a must-ride at night! The views are of course still awesome and seeing everything all lit up is something else. The best part about this ride, though, was sitting on the outside. I was on the left side in the far right seat (second row). Dangling over the edge from the outside is way better than being in the middle! You're hanging over nothing but the ground below and it just adds to the thrill of the wait, and the dive itself.

Our third and final ride was on our last day and it was the least enjoyable experience, mostly due to the almost 90 minute wait in the extremely hot sun. The ride itself was still fun but we were in the 3rd row and that wasn't as good because you're not quite dangling over nothing, even in the outside seat. The rest of the ride was still a lot of fun though.

Overall I'm really excited to have this ride at CP now! I can't wait to get back and ride it again.

rode the coaster a few times last week. Overall I thought it was pretty good. Not as forceful as I thought it would be. I thought the drop would be way worse. Front row on the end is deff the spot to be. Tried the last row, it was OK.

After riding Griffon last week for the first time since 2009, I have a stronger opponion about this ride. I didn't really like it before, but after riding Griffon, I think it's a piece of crap. The drop is the same, the Immelmann gives less of a feeling on Valravn, the midcourse slows it down considerably more, and Griffon has 2 more pops of flojector and ejector airtime versus Valravn's roll and weak floater air. Valravn is also very, very rattle and rough compared to Griffon. I'm even more disappointed by Valravn now than before.

But at least both are better than SheiKra

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Go Intamin said:

the Immelmann gives less of a feeling on Valravn,

I feel the same way. Each time I rode it I said to myself "did I just go upside down". Cant say I found it to rattle too much BUT I felt the harnesses to be VERY uncomfortable. The upper vest part is fine but the lap bad and sitting area is very crummy from man parts. If you don't sit in the seat just right before they lock you in, you can be stuck in a very uncomfortable position for the entire ride

The rattle is super terrible on the second drop, worst rattle I've ever expoerinced on a B&M coaster in the back on the outside.

I was just talking about this with someone else. I think Gatekeeper gives a rougher ride. I found Gatekeeper to give a very odd bumper/springy ride compared to Valravn

GateKeeper is pretty rattly too, but to me it feels more like the ride is doing a mini bounce every so often. It's really annoying, but definately not uncomfortable to me, at least. Valravn is more of a really violent and painful side to side and vertical motion. Almost like the transition onto a vertical loop on an arrow.

Go Intamin said: ride is doing a mini bounce every so often. It's really annoying,

agreed 100%

Go Intamin said:

Valravn is more of a really violent and painful side to side and vertical motion. Almost like the transition onto a vertical loop on an arrow.

I get that the definition of "rough" of is different now but come on. Its like the ride is either forceless to some but some how rough to others, but never in between. In my opinion it is rather forceless but I also think that it is intended to be so.

I think the seats are extremely uncomfortable. I hate how the seat is declined and the back is straight up and down. Same goes for Gatekeeper and Skyhawk.

^ As for the seats on those 3 rides, I'm sure there are many people, myself included, that would prefer these rides with much less restricted restraints & such which would allow for more of a thrilling ride experience. On the other hand, there are many people, my wife being one, that prefer to be held snugly in their seat due to a paranoid idea that they will somehow fly off the ride. I imagine that the insurance agents prefer the snug fit also. Those 3 rides have the seats where your butt drops down into it deeply, along with the middle post and shoulder harness they are very restrictive but I would not say uncomfortable. At least Skyhawk allows for arms & legs to be flailed at your will. Funny, my wife thinks she will fly off some rides but greatly enjoys Skyhawk where at the peak you really can leave your seat.

As for comfort of seats, the most uncomfortable ride seat for me is Cedar Downs.(inertia, hard seat)

As for "rough or forceless", ride Millenium Force and TTD a few times then go on Varavn & Gatekeeper and the latter 2 seem to be slow motion in comparison.

I found it very interesting how much the structure sways back and forth. you feel it as you turn the top of the hill and waiting in the holding and as you get to the end of the mid course brake run track before the drop. I know its designed to have movement but I thought it was a lot

Last edited by Paul Florio,

I agree with that, and it's strange because Griffon and SheiKra don't have the sway in the structure at all.

I didn't really notice it till my 2nd or 3rd ride

I'm happy to report that I was finally able to ride Valravn yesterday. I only got to ride it once due to the hour-long wait, but when I did, I sat in the front row, on the fifth seat (the right-side seat closest to the middle).

There wasn't a single aspect about this ride that I didn't like; the entire thing was awesome. It was very smooth, it wasn't super intense, and I didn't notice the rattle that people keep talking about (probably due to the fact that I sat near the middle). I'm split on what exactly my favorite part of the ride was—it was either the impressive view of the park from atop the first hill, the ridiculously long drop, or the 270-degree floater roll near the end. If I had to choose, probably the latter.

Overall, I think Valravn easily lives up to all the hype, and is definitely among the best coasters in the park. I haven't ridden Griffon, SheiKra, or any other B&M Dive Coaster for that matter, but they had better be very, very good in order to top Valravn in my book. Considering I won't be going to either Busch Gardens park anytime soon, I'm really happy that Cedar Point added a Dive Coaster for 2016, and a great one at that.

I rode Valravn for the first time during Early Entry on Sunday. We sat in the middle of the middle row. I thought that the ride experience was fantastic...albeit too short as it definitely left me wanting more. I really appreciated the level of detail that they put into the overall design of the attraction with respect to the choice of materials, colors, lighting, on so on. In many ways it reminded me of Banshee at Kings Island and that's a good thing as both are beautiful to look at in person. Cedar Point stepped up their game with this one and I look forward to riding it again in the future.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service