June 20-22

The actual first day of summer is on the 21st, smack in the middle of my trip this year. I'd love to celebrate it with you guys!

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Sollybeast, don't want you to think everyone is ignoring you. Our May and June trips are usually not planned in advance. I MIGHT be there then, but I've noticed the Lighthouse Point camping fees seem to increase each week, so we could possibly go only in May, and always for the fourth of July.

Chris

Bumping this cuz my trip is next week. Seriously, I'd love to meet you guys (and Slingshot needs two people, if you're brave. XP )

I'll be there the 20th and/or the 21st. Weather dependent. I wouldn't mind a meet up. I'm trying to be less anti-social these days.

We ended up going last week and I actually searched this thread out to see if it was when you were going. Sorry.

Chris

The boys and I will likely be up one of those days. Will post back when plans/forecast firm up.

Prepare for mufflehead invasion.

My birthday is June 20, each year for four years before last I took my family for a weeklong stay on point and every year there happened to have the worst mufflehead invasion in that week.
Last year I switched to second week of July and will keep it that way. July park bonuses; no muffleheads, longer hours, the park is running much more smoothly, the shows are well rehearsed, weather is hot but at least no cold June nights, the rides seem to be running like well oiled machines, water park has longer hours, the beach party/activities are in full force and it's a great time, the park clears out in the early evening from the heat and most everything is a walk on for the last three hours, seem to be much fewer busses loaded with school/church/whatever kids.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Muffleheads or mayflies? I'm a platinum pass holder, but I purposely scheduled this trip up to the the lake to see the annual mayfly spectacle.

Muffleheads, the resorts hand out literature at check in to explain how they do not bite, insect repellent has NO effect on them, and they smear if you swat them (best to try and shake them off).

Spectacle is right. The worst two nights of the invasion each year a little after dusk, it was like an actual horror show watching thousands of people seemingly scream and run for their lives as millions of bugs head toward the lit up park like a moth to a flame.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Here now, currently standing three turns out from the front seat of Dragster and it's down for wind. >:/ Decided to wait it out a while longer. I'm the bored looking gal in the light blue CP shirt, if any of you're around.

Expect lots of reports on the mayflies. :)

Probably will be up Thursday as boys want to hit CPS in the morning and it is going to be chilly for them Wednesday.

Actually, I haven't seen any, other than ones stuck in cobwebs from last year. XP

Yep. No sign of any mayflies. Crossing my fingers for tonight. HA.

We've been here since Sunday, haven't seen a single mayfly yet. Even at the KOA there aren't any.

Saw one in the men's room across from Maverick about an hour ago.

We will be there Thurs-Sun (staying at Camp Sandusky). Is this the expected time for mayflies? I was there for CoasterMania! and was surprised how bug-free it was, except one evening ride on Valravn.

ROUNDABOUND.

This is my 4th year in a row coming father's day and staying for a week. This is the first time I haven't seen mayflies everywhere at the park and campground.

Just heard of a power outage at CP, but we planning to hit CPS at 10:30 and then the dry park about 2.

I haven't seen a ride other than Skyhawk run since about 830. Hopefully it's sorted out by tomorrow. Tomorrow's weather looks like a waterpark day anyway I guess.

If those pumps don't have electricity there is no waterpark. :(

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service