Cold food.....

I was @ the park last night and went to the hamburger stand across from the Gatekeeper. I ordered a cheeseburger basket with fries and of course the food was cold.

I hope that management reads this.

Have you contacted the park?

Brandon

Did you take it back to the stand?

It couldn't have bothered you very much if your only response was to complain on an amusement park fan website and hope that park food service management take time out of their busy days managing the park's food service operations to read an amusement park fan website.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Last season I saw a passholder scream at the line workers at Pink's because the food was cold (I know he was a passholder because I was behind him in line and watched him have his pass scanned for the dining plan). He didn't seem the least bit embarrassed by his behavior, but it was rather disgusting.

Thanks for not abusing the park employees over a mistake.

If you get cold or defective food just take it back to the food stand, they will replace it. I don't know of any fast food place, either a CP location or a chain outside the park, that never serves cold food on occasion. No biggie, just get it replaced.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

^^ I HATE when people do this. Couple seasons back, I witnessed a well-to-do looking woman shredding a girl at CJ's Provisions for there not being enough salt on her hot pretzel. I had half a mind to ask her what her problem was but I stuck around and asked the worker if she was alright instead. (Making a scene would probably have just made things worse. )

Asking politely for a mistake to be corrected is one thing. Abusing retail workers who can't by policy defend themselves is just gross.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Trust me, management is not reading this...slight chance Tony might but I wouldn't count on it.

I don't know about that. At the Coastermania Q&A, Jason said that they were reading our discussion about the loose articles.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^^^This. Brian is exactly right. Jason come right out and said they monitor pointbuzz specifically. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't have taken it back, or that I wouldn't have sent a comment directly to the park. You'll probably get more of a response that way at least. I've sent a couple concerns to the park over the past few years, and have gotten a response each time.

I'm reading now and then.

99.999999999% of all guest concerns can be resolved while AT the park - and we're very happy to do so. But you have to let us know we're not meeting expectations while you're actually here, as it makes it easier to address.

Director of Communications at Cedar Point

Sollybeast said:
.... I stuck around and asked the worker if she was alright instead.

Working in customer service I often experience um, people with unreasonable expectations. So when I find myself just behind someone who is making a scene, I make it a point to compliment the customer service person.

I was at a restaurant some years ago, and our server was clearly overburdened, but was handling the situation well. Before my party left, I drew a cartoon of her and wrote a few words of praise; I was tickled on my next visit to the restaurant to see that the cartoon had been framed and hung at the entrance.

Last edited by noggin,

Right. They ain't gonna send you a hot hamburger now...

OnPointTony said:
I'm reading now and then.

99.999999999% of all guest concerns can be resolved while AT the park - and we're very happy to do so. But you have to let us know we're not meeting expectations while you're actually here, as it makes it easier to address.

Man I wish customers thought this way. I can't tell you how often I get complaints from several days prior that could have been resolved immediately if we were aware of the issue.

Exactly. If I'm in a restaurant, order a steak, and get tilapia, I have the mistske corrected then and there; I don't eat what I was served and then complain on a website later.

As America's finest jurist, Judge Judy, says: if you eat the steak, you pay for the steak. If you're served cold food and eat the cold food, then you really can't complain that the food was cold.

The food was just terrible.
And the portions? So small!

noggin said:

Sollybeast said:
.... I stuck around and asked the worker if she was alright instead.

Working in customer service I often experience um, people with unreasonable expectations. So when I find myself just behind someone who is making a scene, I make it a point to compliment the customer service person.

I was at a restaurant some years ago, and our server was clearly overburdened, but was handling the situation well. Before my party left, I drew a cartoon of her and wrote a few words of praise; I was tickled on my next visit to the restaurant to see that the cartoon had been framed and hung at the entrance.

THIS. We were at the Johnny Rockets at CP a few weeks ago, and our server was busting his hump. He let us know the kitchen was backed up, and when they were taking way too long, he went back there and made our food himself. I made sure to email the park and let them know about it so he could get the recognition he deserved for providing outstanding customer service. People are always quick to complain, but not always so quick to recognize a job well done, and I wanted to make sure management knew about this. FYI, his name was Soon, so if you are eating there and get him as your server, he is excellent.

As long as it's not one of those very long lines, you could have just taken it back and hoped the next would be better. It's very hit and miss with the food at CP. And while I don't condone freaking out on an employee, I do if it's justified. Early last year, a guy wanted to get on the front seat of Valravn and said he was willing to wait for the next train. The ride host was very nasty to him stating it was not an option and he had to sit where he is told. OK, if that was the rule at the time it's one thing, but this woman was downright snotty from her first word. The guest allowed another guest in front of him who had no problem with the assigned seat, and that filled the train. When the next train came in, the original guest was the first to be seated but the host insisted that he sit in the back seat for no other reason than to be nasty. Can we say control issues? When he questioned her attitude, she told him to get out of line. Wow, she picked the wrong guy. They went back and forth and he called her some very colorful names, well deserved for anyone who witnessed it, and said he was reporting her to guest services. A couple weeks later there was that front line queue that you see now and I can't say I saw that unpleasant ride host again. So when it's justified, let them have it. If it's a cold burger, just get another one.

Last edited by Siouxsie,

Siouxsie said:
And while I don't condone freaking out on an employee, I do if it's justified.

So which is it? Do you not condone 'freaking' out on an employee, or do you, when it's "justified". The two ideas here contradict each other.

The ride host was very nasty to him stating it was not an option and he had to sit where he is told.

So she was doing her job.

OK, if that was the rule at the time it's one thing, but this woman was downright snotty from her first word.

You see a "snotty' ride host; I see a guest expecting special treatment. I've been an ACE member for more years than I care to admit :-) and when I queue up for a coaster, I sit where I'm told to sit.

The guest allowed another guest in front of him who had no problem with the assigned seat, and that filled the train. When the next train came in, the original guest was the first to be seated but the host insisted that he sit in the back seat for no other reason than to be nasty.

Or maybe that was a seat that needed to be filled. Assigning seats is not the responsibility of guests, it's the responsibility of the ride ops.

I can't say I saw that unpleasant ride host again.

Maybe she had the day off. Unless you're in the park every day and spending each day only riding Valrven, whether or not you've seen a particular employee is anecdotal.

Last edited by noggin,

Marcie916 said:

Last season I saw a passholder scream at the line workers at Pink's because the food was cold (I know he was a passholder because I was behind him in line and watched him have his pass scanned for the dining plan). He didn't seem the least bit embarrassed by his behavior, but it was rather disgusting.

Thanks for not abusing the park employees over a mistake.

Exactly. I was not going to whine about a cold burger with 20 minutes till closing.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service