Bad ad...

Not sure what it is, but there is an ad coming up on this site that stalls Chrome every time it comes up. I'm trying to isolate it, but so far what I know is that it's an animated banner and matching skyscraper that just looks like a plate with holes in it. Other content for that ad doesn't even load.

I think that's the one. I'm not seeing it in Safari, but in Chrome it takes down the whole PC for a disturbingly long time. I'll keep trying to figure out which one it is.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

#PointBuzzPremium ;)

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

While we appreciate the support with PointBuzz Premium, we don't want to serve malicious ads to anyone viewing the non-premium version of the site. Rogue ads are a problem, but the normal experience should be three typical ad units.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

And even at that, most of the ads are pretty reasonable. Even the one I'm talking about isn't malicious or anything, it just has some bad code attached to it that bogs down my work computer when I get a chance to glance at the site. Most of the ad units don't do that. I wish the rest of the Internet were so considerate.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service