All Season Drink Plan Now Available

Thabto said:

Pop is pop no matter where you buy it.

Unless you buy it in a completely different region, in which case it becomes soda.

;)

19 year-old enthusiast. Screw Disney, this is MY most magical place on Earth!
"Have a great rest of your day at Cedar Point, America's Roller Coast. Ride on."

Or south of the Mason/Dixon line and everything becomes a Coke.

Yes, it was confirmed that Freestyle is included in the all-season drink plan just like in 2016.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Thabto said:

I better be able to use it at Freestyle. I bought it with the intention of going there. It's not stated anywhere that you can't, so it's likely that you can. I don't see what difference it makes. Pop is pop no matter where you buy it.

We had the orange bottles last year and used them almost exclusively at Freestyle (would walk hundreds of yards out of our way to get that drink option rather than the limited carbonated items available at the food stands). So there should be no reason why you couldn't do that again this year.

It was actually disappointing when we went to Dorney Park in August and learned that they had no Freestyle stations at all in the park!

To be honest, I will miss a few of the benefits of having a plastic souvenir bottle with a lid, but I think we (my family) have decided that a paper cup is a better option when weighing all the factors.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Well I just got done reading one angry environmental freak's FB comment complaining about the environmental concerns of this. Guess CP can't please everyone.

Just about every trash company recycles these days.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I finally got a call back, and the $26.99 price is only going to be around for a very limited time, and is only available if you purchased your pass from Cedar Point. Officially it does not matter which park you purchased the drink plan from if you have a Platinum Pass, but due to a quirk in the online store, you have to use the online store of the park you purchased your pass from.

I know it is only three dollars, but I feel cheated.

No to mention the paper cups are biodegradable if they happen to miss the recycling bin.

So a question for the marina pass holders out there. How do we purchase the drink or meal plans and attach them to season passes when we wont get our passes until mid April?

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

You can put in the number on your voucher if you haven't processed your pass yet.

Brian

We get a new card at the marina every season, I haven't checked but the pass number probably changes with the card.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Pete! Get some sleep!

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Price has gone up to $29.99 to match the other parks.

ROUNDABOUND.

Used the new drink plan this weekend at Carowinds and a couple observations I had and thought I would share.

1) The drink plan cup is a smaller cup then the size they sell for $4.50. I believe they are using the 16oz. cup for the drink plan. I am totally okay with this as you are drink eligible every 15 mins.

2) The way Carowinds had it set up was you had to scan your pass first and receive the cup from the cashier(logically). Not a huge issue except for the stands where the drink stations where before the cashiers. Sometimes you had to go excuse yourself back into the busy line of people waiting to pay to get your drink after you had your pass scanned. A little annoying and inconvenient if the dining location is really busy like Harmony Hall can get.

3) Drink bottles have shrunken in size, visually appear to be maybe 2/3 the size of last years bottle.

4) Freestyle and Coke stations where set up the same as they are at Point last year with the refill bottles, scan your pass, get the appropriately sized cup for the drink plan and grab your drink.

Overall I was really happy with how the new paper cup plan worked and loved not having to lug the bottles around. Still saw hundreds of bottles walking around as well so it looks like offering both plans is the right way to go. Please the folks that may only go once a year and please your season pass crowd by giving them the option.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

I used the plan at CGA and KBF. Maybe I'm just over analyzing this because I tend to think about things too much, but I found it confusing as to how to "order" a cup. How do I tell them I have the paper cup plan? Is it as simple as that? The employees clearly were slightly frazzled whenever I ordered a drink. I'm not sure how prevalent the plan is. It's hard to tell if people have it. Still saw a lot of souvenir bottles.

I would just say "Season drink plan payment" and hand them your pass. I don't think it is any more complicated than that. If you get both food and a drink just say "Food payment on season dining, drink payment on the season drink plan" and hand them your pass.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

The family and I all upgraded to include both the food and drinks this year. After we were done we updated our passes on the CP app and it showed that we had seasonal dining, but nothing showed up regarding the drink option. Wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue or if I should be concerned. I know it's just as easy to dig out my pass as it is to show the app on the phone, but thought it odd that the app doesn't reflect both purchases. Any thoughts? Heading to KI this weekend to try it all out!

codeGR said:

I used the plan at CGA and KBF. Maybe I'm just over analyzing this because I tend to think about things too much, but I found it confusing as to how to "order" a cup. How do I tell them I have the paper cup plan? Is it as simple as that?

At Carowinds it was as simple as that. I went to "pay" and just said I have the paper cup plan. They scanned my card. A little box popped up on the screen that had a list of add-ons attached to my pass, they verified it was on there and sent me on my way.

I did experience the process two ways however, first was the employees scanned my pass twice, once for the meal and once for the drink. The other way was the employee scanned my pass, verified I had season dining and the paper cup and sent me on my way. So i'm not really sure how scanning works other then just verifying if you have the plan.

I used this plan today and it worked flawlessly. I love it!

Brian

Every time I've used it today, they always ask if I want a souvenir bottle...

Same here, but I said no. My main gripe yesterday was that only one Freestyle location in the entire park was open, the one by the fries stand.

Brian

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service