Kings Island

Opening day the year for Banshee was no picnic. I don't know if you can tell, but the line for the ride curled down around to the left and went beyond the Eiffel Tower.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

^ How long was the wait? Four hours or something like that?

Something like that.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I'm actually surprised it was that short compared to how long the line was.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Brendan71388, definetly get there early. I have never been to Kings Island for opening day. But my buddy and I went to Cedar Point opening day in 2015 when Rougaroo was brand new and it was super crowded even with the rain later on during that day. I would get the fast passes, it's MOST DEFINETLY worth it. I get it everytime I go on Saturday and let me tell you, it's super great. If your wife is a big rider, she'll thank you for it later, trust me. Also, definetly ride The Beast at Night after dark. Any other questions or tips you need let me know.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

CoasterKyle1121 said:

Please tell me how long "something like that is" I'm curious at it's unit of measure :)

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

CoasterKyle1121 said:

However long the wait was on that day, bear in mind it was a B&M people eater operating at full capacity so they were putting through the max number possible.
Now we have a wooden coaster about to debut with trains that hold 24 passengers each. Add to that any inherent loading problems, not to mention stacking in The Shed and I predict an even longer wait.
I see opening day visitors with three choices in descending order of preferability.
3) get there early and tough it out.
2) get fast lane and tough that out.
1) go another day.

As a pass-holder, I would do all 3 options.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

0) Go ride the other fantastic coasters in the park while most guests are waiting for MT.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:

0) Go ride the other fantastic coasters in the park while most guests are waiting for MT.

If it's anything like the crowds that Carowinds has seen on opening day the past 2 years, then there is no such thing as a short wait for the majority of the day.

Multiple 45 min to 1hr => 4 hour single ride in a day, any day, everyday.

^^Our definitions of short must be different then. I went on opening day in 2016, the two longest waits I had was ~25 min for Intimidator, and ~60 for Nighthawk. Everything else was a very short wait

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Why wait in line with the peasants? Purchase a fast lane pass and go through the queue with haste while vigorously checking your watch!

I was one of the lucky ones on Opening day to wait 4 1/2 hours for Banshee. Joined the line at the bottom of the Eiffel tower.

Quote from a Corkscrew ride op, "And Dragster is down again"

After thinking it through and knowing that Cedar Point is my home park and favorite by far, I decided to bite the bullet and do the benefit for the first riders event for Mystic Timbers at KI next week. That way I can ride it before the crowds, and then catch KI another day later in the summer for my Beast, Diamondback etc. fix. With only Blue Streak remaining at CP, I will have to go to KI for the woodies.

Last edited by Nancilee,

Nancilee Jones

Hopefully Blue Streak got some much needed attention over the off season. It was a cursed wretch of a ride at the end of last season, made MS feel like a B&M sleeper in comparison.

Wow, that wasn't my experience at all on BS.

Brandon

You are the exception then not the norm. Blue Streak rode pretty well last year. Not as good as the year that it was extensively refurbished (and trains), but it was decent, in the very back too!

I went to openint day last year and actually got first train of the year front row on Diamondback. The line for the ERT got up to 2 hours apparently since it was the only ride open. Then i got first train of the year on banshee afterwords. Later in the day the lines were around CP typical day length. Diamondback had max of an hour, The beast was around an hour, Banshee was 30 min, firehawk and flight of fea were ridiculous due to their awful capacities. It was a good day and it didn't feel like too much of a madhouse. It was definitely crowded but i have seen much worse at CP.

SV ruins all other rides.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service