What about dat Melt!?

Kevinj said:
Melt is a wonderful experience; and this really is great news. First pony rides, and now Melt...what's next?

Get the Green Train back?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

RCMAC said:

As for the staff?... Sorry, Jeff, but I doubt we'll see nearly as many hipsters as we do fresh-scrubbed Cedar Point faces. Sadly.

I think you're confused. The people trying to be seen writing their screenplays in skinny jeans are at Starbucks. :)

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Did I say hipsters? I meant hippies.

XS NightClub said:

Having never been to a Melt, where's a good one to try before the park opens?

I'd like to have a comparison so I can see what all the great talk is about the place, before CP has its way with it.

The original is in Lakewood on the west side of Cleveland. I've been to a couple other locations and they're okay. Their quality dropped when he started expanding to locations outside Cleveland.

THANKS, thats what I was wondering, I juts know that CP food services is not going to live up to any other standard

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Chickie and Pete's does not have a full service bar, Melt will be the only place in the park with a full bar.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Living here in NW Ohio, I havent been to a Melt's so Im looking forward to trying this addition to the park. Its a great upgrade over the dated Joe Cool Cafe.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Anything is an improvement. That dump served the worst of the most generic food service crap ever made.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I hope they decorate this location as cool as the other ones. The one in Akron has a mural on the wall with the Goodyear Blimp (yay!), the Soapbox Derby, a tirea and Devo. And they have various other blimp pictures (yay!) and other cool stuff related to the area. I'm thinking they could put pictures of coasters and some nice historical photos of the park on the wall in this location. And I really like the sandwiches there. With this and the drink plan announcement, that's the best news from the park as long as I can remember.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I hope they put up some Peanuts theme in there as well, just for the kids sake. Also please keep snoopy and woodstock outside like before. I enjoy getting my picture taken with snoopy on that bench.

Thabto said:
With this and the drink plan announcement, that's the best news from the park as long as I can remember.

You sir can turn your coaster enthusiast card in. Grilled cheese and coke is the best news you have ever heard from the park?

Obviously, the eventual RMC announcement will top this. But when there's no new coaster to announce, I'll take these minor things.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It's an uptick for food offerings in the park, for sure.
I haven't been in that place for years. Is it a fairly large dining room? Lots of seating in CP Melt would be a plus.

It is a large dinning room, I heard Melt will have space for about 150 in the dinning room.

RCMAC said:
It's an uptick for food offerings in the park, for sure.
I haven't been in that place for years. Is it a fairly large dining room? Lots of seating in CP Melt would be a plus.

RCMAC, is that the spot next to the Employee Cafeteria? I'm thinking of the buffet back in our day. We in Food Service called it the Garbage Garage (pronounce Garbage like Garage). It's where we sent all the leftovers. I can't remember the real name, but, it was a one shot buffet and folks would pile disgustingly huge piles of food on their plates.

Last edited by JohnMosesBrowning,

CoasterGuy15 said:

Tony did say in an interview today that there will be a sand which unique to Cedar Point. Any guesses what will be on it?

Seagull?

I think it will be called Firecracker Chicken Sandwich, that was posted on the WKYC website from a Matt Fish interview. No details on the actual ingredients though.

I thought the name would resemble something within cedar point. The name seems very generic

Yes, JohnMosesBrowning, Joe Cool and the cafeteria share the same building, with Joe Cool around the corner, across from a Planet Snoopy. The old admin building (now Eerie Estate) is across from it toward the midway.

I had forgotten about that buffet. Ugh. What I remember, further down, is Coral Dining Room- maybe just as bad but in a musty building to boot. I had a good friend that was a waitress there.

My personal favorite is the Mighty Macaroni- your choice of cheese, cheese sauce, and a 'patty' of deep fried Mac and cheese. Healthy? Nope. Delicious? Hells yeah.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service