What about dat Melt!?

Hey, anybody hear anything about a Melt! going in after Tony's tease earlier in 2016??

OK, Tony De(in the Chinese sense) Clark here is your chance to obfuscate, deny, bewilder, side-step, tease, and generally disavow knowledge of this...

Melt!, yay, or nay... Where, when, how many, will the discount apply? How many inversions? Wilst be wood, steel, or toast? What about a FastPass line?

Cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, and cheese, please.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Maybe they will announce something at WCO on Saturday. If they don't, it's not likely happening this year.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

https://twitter.com/MeltBarGrilled/status/834560963332300800

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Not the biggest fan of Melt, it's just "meh" to me. But I do like the idea of local chains making their way into parks.

How about a Barrio Tacos inside the park? They can make it work at Progressive Field they can make it work at Point.

Or replace Pink's with Happy Dog from Cleveland. Pink's IMO has been declining in quality over the years. Maybe a chain closer to the park can keep quality standards higher.

^I would very much love a Barrio in the park, one of my favorite local Cleveland places

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I would love for it to replace the midway market. Prime location for the restaurant. MM has been declining in quality and attendance for years so I wouldn't miss it.

Barrio would be a great addition. They are opening up a new location in Cleveland Heights also.

Ride-on

I would not want to see Melt replace Midway Market. Over the season I would go to Midway Market more than I would Melt. I doubt Melt will be a full service Melt, probably more like the Melt University we have on campus which is walk up counter service with a more limited menu. Actually, if they replace that Subway on the Main Midway with Melt there would be no tears shed by me.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Now for the real question: will it be on the meal plan?

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Opening in late May where Joe Cool's Cafe was. Construction hasn't started yet, but there will be a full service bar, patio and a signature melt sandwich exclusive for Cedar Point.

As far as the meal plan, it will be looked at for future seasons, but not for 2017.

Last edited by Buckeye122,

Yeppers! Truly good news! I will now have to go to the gym for 2 hours every day instead of one...

I see much cheese in my lunch future!

:)

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Awesome location. I look forward to eating there in the future. It should bring many more guests to that area of the park which is kind of a dead zone

This is the best food news at Cedar Point for as long as I've been alive. I'm not even exaggerating (and admittedly, the bar has never been very high at the park).

Now, will they let the owners run it the way they know how, and be OK with the tattoos and piercings? As far as I'm concerned, that's part of what makes it Melt.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Having never been to a Melt, where's a good one to try before the park opens?

I'd like to have a comparison so I can see what all the great talk is about the place, before CP has its way with it.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

They are all over Cleveland.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Happy about the cupless drink plan and Melt! Although I've only been to Melt once and my experience wasn't that great, I'm optimistic it will be a big hit and I'll definitely give it another try. And let's face it - anything would be an upgrade from Joe Cool's Cafe!

-Matt

We have two in Columbus.
Hopefully they'll design the room with neon and the kitchy, Cleveland-ish look they're known for.
As for the menu, let's hope it's as extensive as the other stores.
As for the staff?... Sorry, Jeff, but I doubt we'll see nearly as many hipsters as we do fresh-scrubbed Cedar Point faces. Sadly.

Won't it be nice to have a (another?) full service bar inside the park? (Chickie and Petes? Do they have spirits?) I have a feeling I could spend an afternoon or two there, and that is if I can get in.
Suppose they'll have FL+?

Tony did say in an interview today that there will be a sand which unique to Cedar Point. Any guesses what will be on it?

Not sure what will be on it, but from today's press release, it will be the Firecracker Chicken Sandwich.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I'm also digging that they are creating an outdoor patio where the current windows are.

That's right kids...go ride Kite Eating Tree one more time...I can see you perfectly fine from here from the bottom of my Black and Tan...

:)

Melt is a wonderful experience; and this really is great news. First pony rides, and now Melt...what's next?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service