Early Preview - New Timeline

Hello history fans,

I'd like to invite you to take a peek at our new history timeline.

https://pointbuzz.com/history

On the surface, it may not appear much has changed. But Jeff has built a new backend that will make it much easier to add new items. It also gives us the flexibility to introduce new features, such as "This Day in Cedar Point History."

It's still a work-in-progress. For example, we're going to break it up by decade.

As part of the process, dozens of new entries have been added. We now have at least one entry for every year from 1870-2016. For some years, it may just be an entry stating that Cedar Point opened for its XXth year, but at least there are no more gaps between years.

The timeline will continue to grow. There are lots of items that I am still adding.

Take a look around and see if you find anything interesting or learn something new. As always, if you notice something you think is wrong, incorrect, misspelled, etc., let me know.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Looks really good. I noticed that "Friday, September 17, 2010 - 14th annual HalloWeekends event begins" is listed twice, as well as "Sunday, October 31, 2010 - Final operating day of 2010 season".

Last edited by Aaronosmer,

Thanks! I'll take care of those.

Did you use anything from my timeline? If not, would you like me to do a comparison and see if there's anything to add?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

A cross check will be welcomed, but it's probably a little early right now. There are definitely things missing still. Lots to fill in yet from my notes.

I'm excited about the new features for the timeline. Be sure to let us know how we can help out as a community.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

That announcement day of CP Shores doesn't seem correct to me. I think it was announced in August.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You're right, good catch. I typed in 9/18/2016, should be 8/18/2016.

Let me know once you've finished with your content and I'll do a cross check with my info.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Two dupes under 1964 and 1965. Calypso introduction and New Heights in Fun slogan. Will let you know any others I catch.

Thanks!

No problem. What's really amazing in the hours of research that I've done on Cedar Point history is how many debut dates and information in books (and on other websites) is totally wrong and can be disproved through old brochures and dated family photos, etc. One such glaring example of this is on Pg.182 in the Queen of American Watering places book (lower right corner paragraph) that states that Cedar Point's Sealand aquarium exhibit was opened in 1970 by the beach. But in my family's collection of old brochures, Sealand is pictured in the 1968 brochure from being introduced the year before. Another example is of the Monorail that is pictured in CP's 1966 own fold out map brochure (from being printed up ahead of time) but wasn't there anymore in 66'. These things get based as fact after a while when nobody disproves them. Interesting stuff.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service