Battle For CP

Checking out CP Rundown's facebook page about the new Dragster sign in another thread, I came across pictures as to what will be featured on the wall near celebration plaza and the second dive loop. It seems like an interactive social media campaign to display guests' favorite rides. The rides featured as of right now are Valravn, Millenium, Dragster, Maverick and Gatekeeper. I say this could be very clever marketing for the rides as well as a lot of fun for guests. I'm not sure if there will be something else in addition to this, or this is all that will be added. 'Take a look!

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

There is a special Valravyn shield in line to scan with the QR code along with the tire marks on the new TTD sign, along with each of the coasters on the sign.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

The real battle lies to the North. A conversion is coming.

I'm so confused on this whole idea. What battle is happening?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

When you play the Game of Coasters, you thrill or you die (of low ridership).

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I'm still confused about this whole thing too.

It was briefly mentioned during the Coastermania Q and A but they weren't really supposed to say much about it yet. definitely a social media thing that will be teased a bit more and then "all shall be revealed."

Cedar Point just posted a video on Instagram explaining this. Looks like the coaster with most scans at the end of each night will be announced at Luminosity.

I thought it was the clan with the most points

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I bet Millennium wins every day.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Has anyone done this? On Twitter, it appears that the Maverick clan has won a bunch of times.

Where do they sell the actual pins? Are they stingy about only selling them if you show the app?

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I've done it and it's actually kind of cool. I've always been maverick clan.

No, they're not stingy about having to see the app, but the pins are $5 and the size of a small button. You can buy them in various places around the park.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I got my first two pins last night, so much fun scanning things around the park and seeing them come alive on my phone, the pins will make cool collectibles like the Disney pins. It's a great way to pass time in line too.

I did the Battle for CP this week while at the park. Overall, I found it pretty enjoyable. I was a little confused about how to get the actual Battle for CP app. The Cedar Point app references it, but it didn't take me to the download directly. I had to install the app manually from the app store on Android.

You pick a clan for the day. Then you can do the trivia part right away if you want. There are 35 total questions. Most of them are related to the clans, such as their slogans, heralds, etc. Some questions are about the ride stats.

There are lots of achievements you can complete. The major ones are being able to scan various ride signs. Each of the coasters which represent a clan have the special animations. These can easily be posted to social media after you activate them. Other signs can be scanned, but don't do anything special (Magnum, Rougarou). Not all of the coaster signs are included in the game (Mean Streak, Wicked Twister, etc.) The Valravn queue has some special things you can scan.

The app also keeps track of what you ride. I assume this uses Bluetooth somehow. There is an achievement for riding your clan's coaster twice, and for riding all the other clan's coasters, etc.

I think this is a great addition. They need to have some added benefits for participating. The pins are interesting, but I'm sure many don't care about them. It would cool to be able to buy the Battle for Cedar Point t-shirt for like $5 or get a free drink as other optional rewards.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I tried this to see what it was like this past weekend. The app could use a bit more instruction to what you're doing, I have no clue how it was tracking my rides, which some of those achievements I didn't get that I should have (the distance one being the main one...). Additionally, there were others that said things that when I did didn't count them. Instructions weren't clear enough on what I hadn't done.

I couldn't figure out what to pull up to do the "secret scans".

I could not get the Raptor or Magnum signs to scan no matter what I did.

While you can pick a different clan each day (I was Maverick the first day and Gatekeeper the second), it only allowed me to do the trivia once. Some achievement carried day to day, others did not.

Also, when I downloaded the app Google says it had been downloaded "5k times". While I thought it was fun, the achievements were cool and with just a bit more work it could be great, considering that less people downloaded the app than a slow day, I don't foresee much of a future in it.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service