Origin of the Lemon Chill Guy

For those of you wondering how the Lemon Chill Guy fable started... Here is the original post. The rest is history! Now, If I only told you the rumors I've heard from The Dippin' Dots Gal.

Originally posted in 2000 by DBCahill

I can't find the original post, but someone had mentioned that there would be a new steel coaster in 2002, perhaps a floorless.

I shouldn't say here, but the new coaster won't be a B&M. If you all promise to keep this a secret...

CP is currently negotiating with S&S to bring an air thruster launch coaster. The queue will take up most of the area where Oceana currently sits. The launch will be from the site of Ocean Motion. The trains will be hybrid water/land vessels (like Journey to Atlantis) seating 24 people each.

The ride (tentatively to be called Abyssmal -- misspelling intentional) will shoot riders out toward the lake and up a 245 vertical wall. Once at the top, riders will be plunged 260 feet INTO the lake. OK, so not actually into the lake, but into a pipe (like Oblivion) that will go into the lake. This pipe will be clear so that you can see underwater.

When the train comes up out of the lake, you'll go into a double helix and head back toward the beach. On the beach, a hard left behind Giant Wheel, and back up to the top of what is now Disaster Transport. That building will be the new surroundings for the dark/water portion of the ride.

Inside the DT building, you'll experience three flume drops (like Splash Mountain), the third one exiting the building and back onto the beach. Instead of the big splash at the bottom, you'll be taken back up 50 feet, then a quick loop (like Corkscrew) before the magnetic braking system (like MF) cruises you in for a gentle stop.

I know this is absolutely true. I can't say exactly where the information came from, but let's suffice it to say that I know a guy who went to CP two weeks ago and spent a LOT of time hanging around the Lemon Chill cart on the Gemini Midway. Nuff said!!

Last edited by campfreak06,

I'm too sexy for my harness!

Heh! To be honest, that does sound pretty wicked, if not a nearly impossible engineering feat.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down of the Rumor starter they call Lemon Chill guy.....

This pipe will be clear so that you can see underwater.

Implying that you'd see anything in lake erie

Last edited by CPNostalgia,

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

^Oh "carp"! Quoting the original post insinuates that I'm the lemon chill guy! I will forever be associated with this story now.

Who do we need to kill first? :)

Ah, so that's how it all started.

Well.... He almost got it.... Until he started explaining the layout.

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Thanks for posting that. That gave me a good laugh!

I'm not saying the Lemon Chill Guy is Bigfoot. I'm just saying, I've never seen them in the same room together.

I really enjoy "Ask Ride-Man" that I have seen on this forum, chock full of interesting facts that most of us have never considered.

I think that "Ask Lemon Chill Guy" would be an interesting feature as well, chock full of interesting facts? that most of us consider BS.

Hey Lemon Chill Guy, why is Blue Streak blue?

Hey Lemon Chill Guy, where did they move Space Needle?

Hey Lemon Chill Guy, is it true that the new mega coaster will plunge below ground at the STR site and be named "Journey to the Center of the Earth?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service