Periscope tour of Valravn Plaza

Video

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Thanks for sharing, Walt. The Periscope videos have had a ton of info in them. That is definitely something different from coasters in the past. A couple notes from this one...

They mentioned some lighting elements that have not yet been revealed.

The views from the midway of the Immelman and track to the mid-course look very impressive.

Raptor is going to be a whole lot less secluded, you can stand right near the cobra roll now.

Right at the end Kristy (Christy?) mentioned vintage merchandise that they will have on sale this year. I'm hoping it will be similar to the shirts they sold at Kings Island last year for King Cobra and other old rides.

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Is it actually vintage things, or vintage designs? I would assume vintage designs.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I must say that I am very pleased to know that an industry leader like Cedar Point reaches its audience and listens to the demands / hopes of the audience through social media. Sometimes, parks get so big and popular that they don't feel the need to offer the type of behind-the-scenes content in the palm of your hand that Tony and the team at America's Roller Coast does! I must admit that I wish more parks would follow suit!

-------
Dwayne Kilbourne
Founder, CoasterAddict.com | Coaster Addict, Inc.
DIAL **COASTER by mobile to reach me

To be fair, there's a scale issue, too. A 3-million annual park can and should do this sort of thing. I'm not sure it's really all that necessary if you're someone like Disney or Universal, both of whom don't generally want to show a lot of dirt and construction. Frankly, I think Tony's abilities would be wasted in a place like that anyway. CP definitely has a sweet spot in terms of scope.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service