Valravn Pandora Station

Just posted on the CP Instagram, Valravn will receive it's very own pandora station! Is this the big "queue secret"? I.E. will these songs play in the queue/station? Cedar Point said you can comment on the post as to what songs you want to hear. What songs would you like?

My thoughts are that people are posting very modern pop songs at the top of the billboard which is great and all for the park, but specifically for this ride? Shouldn't the music he medieval and such? Let's discuss!

I don't think someone requesting Alaskan Thunder**** - Anus is great for the park. Matter of fact, I didn't see anything that people posted that wasn't crap (IMHO of course).

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Medieval theme would actually be kind of cool.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Love Rollercoaster of course :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Boy I was reading through some of the "requests" this morning and it is VERY scary to see what some people want to hear while in line at a family friendly amusement park.

Is it bad I thought Valravn was getting a jewelry station at first?

"Love Shack" by the B-52s! Let's really mix things up!

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Takin' care of business!

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Jason Hammond said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Love Rollercoaster of course :-)

Or even the original version from an actual Ohio band in 1975.

I'm with the jewelry stand idea myself. Remember I was the one who wanted the crown to begin with. lol

My request was for the Romantic Warrior album by Return to Forever - Medieval Overture 1976

Tony just did a hilarious Periscope regarding the music selection process. It made my day.

Looks like some songs that are making it:

Fuel - Metalica

Crazy Train - Ozzy

On top of the World - Imagine Dragons

Kick start my Hear - Motley Crue

Fuel doesn't really strike me as a "Valravn" kind of song but whatevs, I love me some Metallica. :) Though they're definitely going to have to find a censored version of that song. When they started playing it in the Periscope video, one of the ladies cut in just at the moment the lyrics got to the part with the "F" word. And Pandora definitely plays the explicit version of the song.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Fuel doesn't really strike me as a Metallica kind of song, but whatevs, I love me some old-school Metallica.

;)

Promoter of fog.

It's the best "Metallica" song on ReLoad. And I think it would be better suited for a Dragster oriented Pandora channel. ;)

But I agree, give me everything before 1992 with the exception of Death Magnetic. Though, if I had to absolutely pick a single Metallica song to compliment Valravn, it would be "The Call of Ktulu". It may be an instrumental, but I think it has the right "feel" for Valravn.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

This is going to make me sound really old, but I thought a Pandora station picked songs for you based on a song request/entry; essentially creating a playlist for you.

I've honestly never used Pandora, so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

It sounds like what is being discussed here is a radio station that takes requests...

Or is that Pandora?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I think this is going to be some advertising gimmick for captive audience stuck in a line with Pandoras name on it.

The park could have taken customers 'requests' or 'submissions' whenever they wanted to, this just has the feel of a gimmick to promote Pandora and the park to get some ad placement revenue.

Good for them.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Kevinj said:

This is going to make me sound really old, but I thought a Pandora station picked songs for you based on a song request/entry; essentially creating a playlist for you.

It's been a while since I've used Pandora, but that's basically how it worked last time I used it. Example: I'm a fan of jazz and basically music scores, so I'd put in John Williams, and it would play John Williams and other similar music scores.

That's correct. From Wikipedia:

The service plays musical selections of a certain genre based on the user's artist selection. The user then provides positive or negative feedback for songs chosen by the service, which are taken into account when Pandora selects future songs.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service