Money Saving tips

Being a student athlete back in the late 90's I understand your current situation. Trying to squeeze in a part time job while doing school work and sports I knew would be difficult. So I decided to go a different route and find people in the neighbor (especially senior citizens) and did yard work for them. Anything from cleaning gutters to mowing lawns and in the winter shoveling driveways. Before I knew it, I had enough money to not only go to Cedar Point once a year but I bought a season pass. Point I'm trying to make is when there is a will there is a way. I had a similar circumstance as yourself but was able to find a couple of hours out of my week to make going to Cedar Point (and other venues) a possibility.

Yes, eat at Famous Dave's. Best good and value at the Point. Don't know where you, live, but if there is snow, or if we get more, knock on doors and offer to shovel snow. I myself have never turned any young person down that offered to do that. Same goes with lawn mowing, and other yard work and it's usually not that hard.

Skydiver said:

Yes, eat at Famous Dave's. Best good and value at the Point. Don't know where you, live, but if there is snow, or if we get more, knock on doors and offer to shovel snow. I myself have never turned any young person down that offered to do that. Same goes with lawn mowing, and other yard work and it's usually not that hard.

The shovel snow / mowing lawn is especially true if they are elderly.

I'm not elderly, I just hate to shovel snow- or snow in general. Lol!

Skydiver said:

I'm not elderly, I just hate to shovel snow- or snow in general. Lol!

Don't worry, I'm the same way. i just mentioned this, because the elderly are less likely to be able to shovel / mow their lawns.

Last edited by Pete,

I also noticed last year that some of the snacks in the Sweet Spot (located on the main midway) were reasonably priced, so if you do want a snack in the park, I would go there and check out the choices. I had a candy covered pretzel stick which was filling and delicious for a snack, but also pretty cheap. I also recommend packing a lunch and dinner as everyone says, and then just drinking free water in the park. You could get away with just spending money on a ticket and parking. Also be sure to bring extra clothes for the car in case you get soaking wet somehow and don't want to stay in your wet clothes all day if it's not warm. You don't want to have to buy new shoes/clothing if something accidentally happens (Unfortunately I've had shoes fall apart at CP before)

Glossed over the posts, so sorry if someone already mentioned this. Another food option for you to consider would be to buy an all day dining plan. Split it and the cost between you & your friends, You can use it every 90 minutes, so if you use it every 90 minutes all day, that potentially adds up to a lot of food for everyone (or at least enough to keep you from starving all day). Whoever happens to be hungry when the 90 minutes comes up can use it. Chicken strips are easy to share if more than one person wants to use it at the same time.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service