Money Saving tips

Me and a few of my football teammates are all planning to go to The Point the day after school lets out for summer. The problem is, we barely have enough money to get in the park. So, we're trying to get some money saving tips. We've already concluded that buying food from the park is a no-go. No Dippn-Dots ): . Do you have any other money saving tips for me and my broke friends? We're trying to have some fun before the hellish grind of summer practice begins.

The god of speculation

Buy tickets online they're cheaper than at the gate. Bring coolers for water, drinks, and food, like sandwiches. Once you're in and have water and food you really can make it from there without spending much.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Start saving your money now, there's plenty of time before summer. Keep an eye out for ticket sales. IIRC, they had a discount ticket sale not long ago. Get your tickets online or at Drug Mart, Meijer, etc. You can save about $10 that way.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I get discount tickets cause I got AAA when I got my license

The god of speculation

Its called a job. McD's and the others are always hiring.

I don't have time. I'm in 3 sports (Football, Wrestling, Track) and I have to have really good grades. Plus I'm in Student Council. Life of a student-athlete. -_-

The god of speculation

If one of your friends happen to have a platinum pass, use it for free parking!

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

^ wow deja vu! You're in student council and the exact same sports as me when I was in HS.

What is your source of income since you don't have a job? Put aside a certain percentage of it each time.

TwistedWicker77 said:
^ wow deja vu! You're in student council and the exact same sports as me when I was in HS.

What is your source of income since you don't have a job? Put aside a certain percentage of it each time.

My source of income is the 350$ I got over Christmas xD 😂

The god of speculation

buckeyesbrownsindianscavs said:

The problem is, we barely have enough money to get in the park. So, we're trying to get some money saving tips. We've already concluded that buying food from the park is a no-go.... Do you have any other money saving tips for me and my broke friends?

I do have some advice. Save your money by not going to places you can't afford.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I definitely understand where you are coming from with the no time for a job. Trying to find a balance between school athletics, keeping up my 12.0+ GPA, being a Boy Scout and trying to get my eagle scout project done, and getting at least a little sleep is a huge struggle as is. Not to mention everyone needs a little free time for fun.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I'm trying to plan a 2 1/2 day trip with a friend this summer also. All I can tell you is that tickets are $40 online and gas prices can be split up rather well if you are going with a group. I generally just eat a basket of fries while at the park and starve myself until I can get to a fast food place after closing. If that's not for you then you will have to be willing to spend more on food. Other than parking there are not really any other big expenses. But parking can be split up as well.

2018- Raptor

Do you have coke (or coke product) drinkers in your life? Ask as many people as you can find to save their coke points for you and do your best to max out on entering points every week. Check the mycokerewards.com site daily for ticket deals. Normally a ticket costs 1000 coke points but they sometimes have specials. Last season I got two tickets for a total for 260 points.

First, start off by completely ignoring the people on this forum who feel the need to turn everything into snarky criticism. You asked a good question.

Basically, most of the good $ saving tips have already been stated. Pack your food and drinks and eat at the car, get your tix online, definitely go in one vehicle to save on gas and parking. The only way to save money once you are inside the park is to not buy anything inside the park. If you need something to drink, go up to any concession stand and ask for a glass of water. It's free. That's about it.

Yeah the free cups of water definitely help.

2018- Raptor

Also, don't carry any extra baggage with you. Leave the drawstring bag in the car, and carry in only what you need (car key, phone, and wallet). This will keep you from having to rent a locker for Millennium, Dragster, and Gatekeeper.

Bret said:

....everything into snarky criticism. You asked a good question.

I wasn't offering snarky criticism. I was dead serious.

If he were asking for money saving tips to stretch $350 over groceries and utility bills and such, I'd be right there with advice. (Heck, I only buy meat that my local grocery store has marked "reduced for quick sale".)

But Cedar Point just is not a necessity of life. By his own description, they have "barely enough money."

Going out on a limb here and guessing he lives in or near Cleveland. They might consider a 30-minute longer drive east to Waldameer Park, which offers an unlimited ride pass for $28 or rides can be paid for individually, both cost effective options; and the park is home to the amazing Ravine Flyer 3.

I've never had a problem with lockers but I have only ever used them at Kings Island. They are really nice and cheap there. At KI I just rented them for about 4 hours at a time. They were very helpful. I plan to do the same at CP this year. But they aren't necessary if one is looking to cut costs.

2018- Raptor

noggin-
You missed the part where he said the $350 budget is Christmas money. So if Grandma gave him tickets to CP instead should he still not go? Also other hints: 3 sport student athlete, student council, got AAA when he got his license... Guessing he's a (high school?) student and worrying about bills and groceries aren't really a concern at this point.

Anyway, here's my money saving tip: Go and have fun, knowing ahead of time that whatever is included with admission is the scope of your trip. Not gonna spend extra money on games, souvenirs, up-charge rides, food, etc... And if you're a 3 sport athlete with an appetite, look into the all day dining deal. It's a steal at ~$35.

ROUNDABOUND.

I didn't miss the part about his $350 being Christmas money. I was just saying, if he were asking for money saving tips for necessities of life, I'd be right there for him with advice.

If he barely has enough money to get into the park, $35 on a dining plan isn't a steal, it's likely a budget breaker.

And Waldameer is a great, more affordable, easily accessible alternative. Add in a stop at the very affordable White Turkey Drive-In over the border in Ohio and it's a great day.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service