Catch-A-Ghost on Snapchat

For anyone that does not know, Cedar Point does a sporadic contest on Snapchat in correspondence with Halloweekends. Basically your job is to watch the videos and screenshot the second you see a person with a blanket on... or what they'd like to call, a ghost. The first 5 to send the screenshot to them via their social media email wins tickets for Halloweekends.

I was on snapchat yesterday when this was going on. I happened to catch them post the first video, and then I waited and refreshed my snapchat story feed until the one with the ghost was posted. I screenshotted and sent the picture of the ghost within 30 seconds (best estimate). 5 minutes went by and they posted their concluding message "Winners have been selected".

I have given it 24 hours, but I have not been emailed back. Is this because I was not one of the first 5? This is kind of surprising seeing as though I was able to do it and send it (I even had the email ready to send to them in another page on my phone) within the first minute it was posted. Do you think that many people participate in this? What's the likelihood of someone else being on their snapchat story when this is posted? Do they really have that many snapchat friends?

What is your input on this? Should I give it more time or should I assume 5 other people managed to send the screenshot in within less time than me?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if people beat you to it, even that quickly. I remember trying to order concert tickets at exactly noon once, the SECOND they went on sale, only
to have them already sold out because I didn't click fast enough. The internet's a crazy place, man.

That said, by the time I've noticed any of the ghost snap contests on my feed, they've been looong won, haha. But, there's still time, probably!

Last edited by accio_airtime,

CoasterGuy15 said:
5 minutes went by and they posted their concluding message "Winners have been selected".

I have given it 24 hours, but I have not been emailed back. Is this because I was not one of the first 5?

I would assume so, yes.

What is your input on this? Should I give it more time or should I assume 5 other people managed to send the screenshot in within less time than me?

Since you haven't received an email, assume you didn't win since not being contacted.

That's disappointing, I was sure I won. Didn't think it would be possible to send it in any faster than my submission.

I emailed them asking how the winners would be notified, and I have never received an email back. Makes me think it's almost a ploy to get more snapchat friends and there's no real prize.

I once again happened to be on snapchat when the video was posted. Took a screenshot instantly... lets see if I win

I WON!!! 2 Free tickets for this weekend and skeleton key fast lane. Unfortunately I work all day saturday and am already planning to go sunday and my friends and I have passes.

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

Congrats!!

I'm planning on a trip Saturday and Sunday... we already have season passes, but if you want to get rid of those Skeleton Key's, we'd be happy to put them to use for you! ;)

I actually have a family member coming in town this weekend... Looks like we'll be going tomorrow. Just will have one extra ticket... might just give it to someone at the gate and make their day. I'd try to sell it for $15 (price of parking)... but I'm sure someone will think I'm a scam.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service