Winds, I give up....

Well the first weekend in October was a disaster. Now the only other weekend I can go is this upcoming weekend, and now it looks like its going to be nasty too. Ive been going for Halloweekends since 2003 and this has been the worst year ive tried to make it workout. Does anyone up close to CP have any insight as to whether this weekend looks to be a total disaster weather wise. I have an 8 hour hike to get there and would really hate to have three coasters operating like my last journey this month.

deeturnerjr72 said:
Well the first weekend in October was a disaster. Now the only other weekend I can go is this upcoming weekend, and now it looks like its going to be nasty too. Ive been going for Halloweekends since 2003 and this has been the worst year ive tried to make it workout. Does anyone up close to CP have any insight as to whether this weekend looks to be a total disaster weather wise. I have an 8 hour hike to get there and would really hate to have three coasters operating like my last journey this month.

There's no way that it will be as bad as last week. I predict it will be similar to this week, with only Skyride and Windseeker down.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I sure hope your right. Thats what I usually expect in October. I guess that first weekend this month just threw me for a loop, LOL. Accuweather is showing possible water spouts onshore for this saturday during the day which is just boggling my mind right now.

Going to Cedar Point in October is a roll of the dice. It can either be very nice or miserable. Since you are 8 hours away, I would try to avoid planning trips in October if at all possible. If you like to come for the Haunts, I would suggest trying for September instead.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Yeh, last year I was lucky enough to go the last weekend in Sept and it was great. Just rare that I get a weekend to go accept in October and I hate to miss Halloweekends.

deeturnerjr72 said:
I sure hope your right. Thats what I usually expect in October. I guess that first weekend this month just threw me for a loop, LOL...

The nasty weather from a couple weekends ago had a lot to do with hurricane Joaquin. I'm not expecting the weather to be NEARLY as bad this weekend.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Yeh, I was hoping that stupid hurricane was gonna move a lot quicker than it did, rather than sitting out there churning and causing that front to stall out over the north. That was insane! Im still looking at all the weather forecasts for saturday. Some say partly cloudy with no rain. Then some show rain with winds of up to 20mph. The accuweather forecast with the possible water spouts is really messing with my head, LOL! I dont know whether to roll the dice or not. We will be at KI friday, so Im hoping the weather looks somewhat decent by then and maybe we will go on up to CP for saturday. Im afraid to book anything for saturday at this point. Maybe Im just being too paranoid after that stupid hurricane nightmare.

Not to sound rude, but I don't know where you guys are seeing wind and rainy for this weekend. My Weather Channel app is showing partly cloudy, however, cold. Mid 50s to upper 30s. I don't see wind being a factor, but it still is too early in the week to determine I guess.

@TwistedWicker77 I was thinking the same thing. Every forecast I've checked, I haven't seen anything other than mid 50's and upper 30's. Rain has been from 0-20% and currently at 0%.

The local channels in Cleveland have been showing rain. Anywhere from 40 to 60% for saturday. Accuweather and weather.com both showing just mostly cloudy to partly cloudy as of last night, but were showing slight chance earlier this week. Guess maybe the Cleveland channels are just lake effect rain that maybe isnt going to be in the Sandusky area. Winds are looking so so now @10-20mph Saturday. Im probably going to go ahead and hit CP Saturday now that its looking much better than earlier this week. Sandcastle still has a pretty good deal on rooms so I lucked up on that!

I bet money that as soon as I book today, that front coming through friday will stall and screw up saturday, LOL!

Last edited by deeturnerjr72,

I've been to Halloweekends 3 times so far this year, and each day was sunny and mid 70s and no serious wind. Don't know when you've tried going...

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

CoasterGuy15 said:

I've been to Halloweekends 3 times so far this year, and each day was sunny and mid 70s and no serious wind. Don't know when you've tried going...

The answer is in the first two sentences of my post.

Well, im booked and its not looking to bad now. So it is what it is and lets hope for the best!

We're making our sorta-yearly trip up from Maryland this weekend, too. Here's hoping for as uneventful a weather weekend as we can get!

Gonna be cold, though :l

Yes, a bit nippy! I kinda like the low temps though, it makes it really feel like Halloween. Our very first trip to Halloweekends it was very cold and it started sleeting at one point. We rode Milly in the sleet and let me tell you that was a ride, LOL! Also it makes for some really good fog making in the scare zones. I just freak out about the winds now because they have shut down quite a bit the last few times we have been in October because of the high winds. As its gotten closer to the weekend it looks like the winds are going to be half way decent after sunset. So hopefully we will all have a great weekend at the point!

I'm sure we will!

And yeah, the cold air with the thick fog is perfect.

Have a safe trip!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service