Raptor and TTD paint

clevelander said:

It looks like they are applying primer to Raptor in the photo on the CP blog. Hopefully that is the case for sure. When parks just roll paint onto the track it doesn't seem to hold up that long. I am actually surprised at how bad the park let Raptor become before announcing new paint.

When Baynum painted Rougarou, they didn't seem to be applying primer. They only mentioned thoroughly cleaning prior to applying "high-performance paint".

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

clevelander said:
BIRD SPIKES ON RAPTOR! BIRD SPIKES ON RAPTOR!! BIRD SPIKES ON RAPTOR PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I have a friend that can fix your caps lock.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Go Intamin said:

TwistedWicker77 said:
Wicked Twister needs more work than just a paint job. I would love to see it run back to its full potential. Hopefully that's on the park's list of rides to improve :)

They would need to completely re-profile the supports for that to happen, as the reason it's no longer going as large as it was in 2002 was because of the tension it was putting on the track.

I am thoroughly aware. That's the "work" I was referring to. Not just the supports, but the entire structure itself needs re worked on the back tower.

djDaemon said:
When Baynum painted Rougarou, they didn't seem to be applying primer. They only mentioned thoroughly cleaning prior to applying "high-performance paint".

Unless, of course, it was a paint + primer in one, but yes, no separate primer step was seen there.

I don't think that primer was used for the X-Flight/Firehawk transformation from Geauga Lake to
Kings Island and isn't the entire coasters (or large sections) paint peeling off in sheets?

Last edited by clevelander,

Firehawk was repainted in 2007, so just over eight years ago. The paint does look pretty bad..

I think it's much easier to notice on Firehawk because the color change was drastic.

Maybe Valravn will be next ;) Black and purple.

Can't use those colors this close to Cleveland. ;)

CP Maverick said:
Can't use those colors this close to Cleveland. ;)

Yep. Banned colors in Cleveland: Yelow and Black, Purple and Black, Blue and Yellow and Green and White. I don't know why I capitalized the colors, but I'm too lazy to change them.

Cleveland State Univ. colors are green and white.

kylepark said:
Cleveland State Univ. colors are green and white.

So are Michigan State's

Being from Michigan living in the Detroit Area, 2 hrs from Cedar Point, you could use any of those colors!! Lmao green and white or blue and Gold!! Cause we only like cedar point and kings island if you live here!! So those colors are totally acceptable!!! LoL a lot of there customer base comes from Michigan too!!

Last edited by MillieMikeCP,

RollerCoasters and Rock Concerts! Life in the fast Lane!!

MillieMikeCP said:
Being from Michigan living in the Detroit Area, 2 hrs from Cedar Point, you could use any of those colors!! Lmao green and white or blue and Gold!! Cause we only like cedar point and kings island if you live here!! So those colors are totally acceptable!!! LoL a lot of there customer base comes from Michigan too!!

Cleveland is over twice as close as Detroit is. Just saying.

Being a born and raised in Cleveland sports fan, I despise enemy colors as much as the next person. With that being said, I could care less if a coaster was painted maize and blue (yuck!), I will still ride it.

Side note, I really dislike getting the yellow train on MF with the track being blue, but I try and suck it up!

Wow it's not even the off season yet and the discussion is about colors.

I could add my opinion of what color a coaster named after a bird of prey ought to be right here but then I would have nothing to talk about in February.

The yellow train is my favorite! I personally think it looks the best. And I've heard it goes faster than the other trains ;) (stating now that the last comment was sarcasm before anyone calls me out on it)

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Green train used to be the fastest, until the unfortunate incident..

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service