Raptor and TTD paint

I really hope they never paint Maverick, and just let it fade into a rustic look fit for the fronteir. I just wish it still had all those giant trees (the ones that surrounded WWL) around it too. Can you imagine zipping though a completely shaded layout?

I agree with everyone else. Really looking forward to the refreshed skyline! Much needed...

This will take care of all the rides that were in dire need of a paint job. I can't think of another that would really need it for several years at least. The bright skyline will get even brighter.

I actually really like the Iron Dragon color scheme. Though I have to agree, there is a very abundant amount of warm colors in that central area of the park.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I'm looking forward to seeing the repaints. Looking from Sandusky or the rt 2 bridge, the entire skyline will look vibrant now, esp. with the addition of Valravn. I would nominate Gemini and CCMR for the next round of paint. The rails just look so worn. The upstop skids just wear the paint off faster as well. Just freshen up the tracks,stations and queues and give these old arrows some love.

3 Years of Fun!
Professional button presser.
Wearer of lime green and blue.

Could someone imagine Gemini being painted white with Red and Blue track Kinda like Twisted Colossus? Just an idea, but that would look cool! :)

GDUBS said:
Just freshen up the tracks,stations and queues and give these old arrows some love.

Or you know.....maybe the bulldozer. (;

2018- Raptor

Maybe Raptor will run in the rain after this new paint job? Only one can hope.

I almost keeled over when I saw the photoshop of raptors "new paint". I love its color scheme, but I knew something was up when I saw dragster

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

The cedar point skyline is going to look great in 2016

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

BIRD SPIKES ON RAPTOR! BIRD SPIKES ON RAPTOR!! BIRD SPIKES ON RAPTOR PLEASE!!!!!!!!

They are hosting the Golden Ticket awards in 2016! So I'm sure they want everything looking Top Notch! With there new star attraction Valravn!! Can't wait!

RollerCoasters and Rock Concerts! Life in the fast Lane!!

Wicked Twister is in serious need of a paint job.

I wouldn't say "serious need".

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

CoasterCam said:

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Wicked Twister is definitely looking faded compared to what it was, but I wouldn't say it's nearly as bad as dragster

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Raptor needed it the most. The lift hill was looking really bad. And the paint is chipping away, you can even see some rust along the tracks.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

thedevariouseffect said:

CoasterCam said:

I did use a (;
Although, I wouldn't be opposed to it if the park proposed something way better to replace them. More CCMR than Gemini. I'm all for them staying though.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

Wicked Twister needs more work than just a paint job. I would love to see it run back to its full potential. Hopefully that's on the park's list of rides to improve :)

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

TwistedWicker77 said:
Wicked Twister needs more work than just a paint job. I would love to see it run back to its full potential. Hopefully that's on the park's list of rides to improve :)

They would need to completely re-profile the supports for that to happen, as the reason it's no longer going as large as it was in 2002 was because of the tension it was putting on the track.

It looks like they are applying primer to Raptor in the photo on the CP blog. Hopefully that is the case for sure. When parks just roll paint onto the track it doesn't seem to hold up that long. I am actually surprised at how bad the park let Raptor become before announcing new paint.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service