Raptor and TTD paint

So what's everyone think about the new paint that Tony announced?

Bout damn time - Lebron James

SV ruins all other rides.

Long overdue. The only thing left on my wishlist is for Cedars to be demolished.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Great news! I'm interested to see what Tony meant by additional charm will be added.

I'm confused by the TTD timeline. He said that it would take two seasons, saying that the lower portions and support structure will be done this fall while the rest of the structure will be done in the spring. Does this mean that they will be completely done by summer if all goes as planned?

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Did anyone else almost fall for the "new colors" for a second? I felt a quick, intense jab of confusion and betrayal before scrolling down u_u

But cheers to the fresh paint- they've earned it!

Last edited by accio_airtime,

At first, I was thinking, why would they possibly repaint Raptor into Dragster's ketchup and mustard colors? What does that have to do with a bird of prey?

Then came Dragster being painted Raptor's green, which is not that dissimilar to Kingda Ka. Green might fit Ka's theme, but not Dragster's.

And they're not re-theming the rides, so.. No, obvious Tony trolling was obvious. :)

Dang it, Tony, you had me there for a moment...I hate being gullible. It did brighten my day, though. :)

CoasterCam said:

I'm confused by the TTD timeline. He said that it would take two seasons, saying that the lower portions and support structure will be done this fall while the rest of the structure will be done in the spring.

He said painting on the rest of the structure would resume in spring, not be completed in spring.

Brandon

It sounds, then, as though the painting will begin soon. That's why they've started power-washing -- to get a clean surface to paint. They'll work on the lower sections, everything but the tower, before wrapping up for the winter. Once it starts to warm up in the spring, then they'll come back and go vertical.

However, when Tony said two seasons, it did make me think they were going to wait until off-season '16-'17. That doesn't seem to be the case if resuming in the spring.

Cam 1 is zoomed in on Raptor today. There doesn't seem to be any painting going on at this time. I would imagine they will start this week, they are running out of good weather days. And October weather can be a roll of the dice.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It would be nice if they could do something to keep the birds away from the new paint. Maybe bird spikes perhaps?

Bird paint doesn't bother me.. Rust bothers me.

djDaemon said:

CoasterCam said:

I'm confused by the TTD timeline. He said that it would take two seasons, saying that the lower portions and support structure will be done this fall while the rest of the structure will be done in the spring.

He said painting on the rest of the structure would resume in spring, not be completed in spring.

True, but it sounded like they planned to have it completed by the start of the season, because there's no way they can do it once daily operation begins again. If they don't have it completed, it will for sure carry over into the late 2016 or 2017 season.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Glad that Raptor will be painted in one season!

If weather holds out I could see TTD being completely repainted by opening day 2016. They can get a lot done in the next two months and much more around March. Seems like enough time to me.

Last edited by CPboy77,

Cedar Point will sure look bright and shiny in 2016.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Now if they could just repaint Iron Dragon, preferably back to the original scheme (silver supports). :/

Top Thrill Dragster, being the centerpiece of the park is in my opinion, the most important ride to keep refreshed. It can be seen from all corners of the park and I think it was about time. Raptor will look great as well. All that's left is Wicked Twister which has faded A LOT but still looks pretty good. Glad Cedar Point is really sprucing up the park!!!

New for 2018... RMC Iron Horse!!!

Boy whenever this process is complete - the CP skyline will be very "fresh" with everything except Maverick, Iron Dragon and Magnum receiving fresh paint (or being a new ride) in the last several years - the park skyline will look better than it ever has. I am digging this new management.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

Just think about it, in 2016 Gatekeeper will have the oldest coat of paint of the B&Ms in the park

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Gatekeeper is probably the number one ride they need to keep fresh as it is right over the entrance. Can you imagine it being in Raptor's current state over the entrance?

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service