2015 Skeleton Crew

I just got back from my annual trip to Cedar Point!

I always try to catch a few showings of the Skeleton Crew show.. I have to say that I really love the changes this year!

The sword swallower was hilarious, the contortionist was great, the girl on the silks was so awesome... i couldn't imagine doing what she does while fighting with the wind... and the guy who balances on the crates... wow! fantastic and harrowing!

I kind of miss some of the old acts, particularly the fire stuff... but I understand that the shows need to reinvent themselves... and it was refreshing to be surprised again!

If you haven't spent the time to see the Skeleton Crew show, I would highly recommend it! You will not be disappointed!

I just saw this show last night and though it was really well done. I missed the sword swallowing, I missed about the first 5 minutes. It was a great way to end the night.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Thabto, here is a video of the sword swallowing act:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE1Uvm4aTrk

The girl that performs on the beam was there for the first weekend but she was missing when I saw the show this past Sunday. That is one of my favorite parts of the show, I hope she returns.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Yeah, I didn't see the sword swallower when I saw the show the first weekend. It's odd how they tweak Skeleton Crew throughout Halloweekends. They did that the very first year, too.

~Rob

Pete said:

The girl that performs on the beam was there for the first weekend but she was missing when I saw the show this past Sunday. That is one of my favorite parts of the show, I hope she returns.

We saw the 3:30 show Sunday the 20th. We were standing right up to the stage on the Iron Dragon side. During one of the higher jumps, she missed the beam, and landed hard on the stage. Looks like she twisted her ankle pretty hard. She shook her head as if to say "no" to the the beam holders, and they ended the routine.

Last edited by t2fastspin,

yikes... I hope she's okay!

I would love to see the sword swallower stay as part of the act... he was very light-hearted and entertaining.

The sword swallower was part of Elvira's Big Top show at last year's Knott's Scary Farm. It was cool and surreal to see him at Cedar Point. I wonder if he'll stick around for the rest of HalloWeekends.

I guess this means he's part of the Haut-Vol crew? Or does Haut-Vol hire freelance performers for the shows?

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Does anybody know the name of the song the contortionist performs to?

(Video with song below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkwp5K2Bp7E

Personally, I find the sword swallower to be out of place, obnoxious, and sort of ruins what is otherwise a great show for me. It's just over the top freaky and weird. To each their own I guess. I really like the rest of the show. The aerialist is amazing as was the Russian beam girl.

We saw the Russian beam girl's fall on the 20th. It was in the afternoon and we left after that show so I am not sure if she performed anymore that night. She nodded that she was okay and her and her partners were out discussing what happened after the show ended. The show is not the same without her. We thought maybe it was too windy this past weekend. Could be an injury too I suppose.

I also miss the guy they had last year twirling the fire and the big metal box.

-Matt

I was kind of surprised to see the sword swallower at Skeleton Crew because he is relatively "edgy" (no pun intended) for HalloWeekends and Cedar Point. I wonder if they are testing the waters a bit to see how audiences respond to something like this.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

The Russian Bar Trio were only contracted for the one weekend due to other contracts. The sword swallower will be performing in their place for the rest of the season. I think it's still a fantastic show with either act and everyone should check it out!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service