What was previously in the haunt buildings?

I know Eternity Infirmary used to be a carousel and the building for Hexed was just built specifically for it. What about the other haunt buildings?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Hexed--Built just for
Zombie HS--Located in the pavillions for what I understand. I honestly did it once, didn't like it lol.
Eerie Estate--I believe this was an old administrative building & old HQ of Cedar Fair
Eternity Infirmary--Old building housing the carousel
Eden Musee--Built just for

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Zombie HS was previously Club Blood, and Toxic Tunnel of Terror if you go way back to the early years. I can't remember the layout details well enough to know if they remodeled the building it is in since then.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Was the building for Slaughterhouse a new building or was it previously something else? I thought it was a maintenance garage before, but I heard some people suggesting it was a new building.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

New building, but the "Roadkill Cafe" structure was something else, maybe the shelter for the old tractors by the petting zoo?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Actually it's an older building, it originally housed the floats for Star Light Experience, then was used for Halloweekends off season storage. And now for the haunt. I have yet to be inside the building this year, but it sounds like they are using a lot of wide open spaces. I am guessing that is to make sure that they can still use the building for haunt storage in the off season.

Also the Road Kill Cafe was the storage/display area for the tractors during the regular season (till last year when they were moved out permanently for the expanded petting farm.) I always liked when they used the space for stuff during Halloweekends (Werewolf Canyon used to have something there) and I hope it makes the area less of a dead end loop now.

Morté aka Matt, Ego sum nex
Dragon's Fire Design: http://www.dragonsfiredesign.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mattdrake

With the Roadkill Cafe being right there, is CornStalkers still ending through the upper level of the barn, or has that been changed? Last time I went through CornStalkers was 2013

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

CornStalkers is still ending is still ending through the barn. [Kind of off topic] The last few years it has been kind of lame, but I would recommend walking through it this year. It seems like they have stepped up their game compared to the last few years. More staffing, more fog, and the line moved fairly quick.

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

Slaughterhouse was a multi-purpose storage building. It housed the Starlight floats, Luminosity lighting racks, Halloweekends stuff and the like. It will not be used for storage, except for some small halloweekends stuff any more. The halloweekends stuff is now stored in the former parade "caterpillar" storage tent behind P&D.

Erie Estates was the old CP management building. I met the former GM there when I was 8. That office is now a storage room for LiveE. During the summer the Luminosity performers and the Beach Band use the upstairs space as a dressing room/warmup space. In the fall the Skeleton Crew use the space similarly. Over the winter, costumes and props are stored up there.

Zombie High and its smaller predecessors are where there were more picnic tables under the shelter roof originally...

Infirmary is in the former carousel house.

These spaces go essentially un-inhabited the rest of the season. Some minor storage goes on in them, but not much else...

Boo Hill: Pirate Ride

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service