Halloweekend Days Question

I have a quick question. I´ve only ever been to Halloweekends on a Saturday because it seemed like the most for the money and I live 2 hours away from the park.

Anyways, I´m curious how the other days compare because I´m planning to go this Sunday when I´m off. I see that Fridays are open from 6-12, and Sundays are open from 11-8. Are these days significantly less busy than Saturdays? Are the Haunts open for both of these days? If so, do the haunts open during the day on a Sunday as the park is only open until dusk? I guess I´m wondering if someone can help me out by letting me know what day is the best, and what all is open on these other days.

Thanks!

The outdoor haunts are not open on Sunday's and the other days are significantly less crowded than Saturday's.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

If you want to do the Haunted stuff, Friday is somewhat less busy than Saturday. If you want to do rides, Friday and Sunday are significantly less busy than Saturday.

So the haunted houses like Eerie Estate, Hexed, Eternity Infirmary, and the new Slaughterhouse will still be open, just not scare zones? If so, does anyone know what time?

I feel kind of dumb going to CP all these years and not knowing much about the Halloweekends schedule. I usually only go during the summer weeks because Halloweekends is just too busy for my liking.

As far as I know, the houses are still open Sunday.

Looking at cedarpoint.com/haunt, it appears the six "mazes" open at 8 on Fridays, 6 on Saturdays, and 3 on Sundays. The six "scare zones" are open 8-midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and not open on Sunday, except that they will be open from 7-10 on October 11.

From past experience (the past 3-4 years) the first Friday of Halloweekends (tonight) has always been extremely dead. Not sure how other Friday's compare.

I've always gone on both Friday and Saturdays (14 years now). Friday nights are where it's at. Walk-on rides, small lines for houses. Couple that with a resort stay early entry (5pm) and you can get a lot out of a Friday.

I'm gonna try and go on a Friday this year now. Thanks to all who helped me out. The lines for the haunts were between 5-20 minutes this past Sunday.

Friday nights are the best day to go in my opinion because the park is not as crowded as it is on Saturdays. I made the mistake of going on a Saturday for my first time. I was able to get on all of the rides, but I was not able to go in any of the haunted houses! So I have went on Fridays every year after that and was able to get on most of the rides and all of the mazes/haunted houses.

It took me 10 years to finally create a Pointbuzz account..........

Do they still charge $15 for parking on Friday nights?

Yes. They do.

That's a bit ridiculous in my opinion... that answered my question if I was going or not tonight especially with the weather, it's not worth it. I thought it would at least be less.

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

They charge for parking any day the park is open, unless it is a special event and they say otherwise. It doesn't matter if you are there for 1 or 12 hours, expect to pay for parking. It sounds to me like you can't justify paying the parking fee for just being there 6 hours. Maybe you should look into getting a platinum pass for future seasons.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I just do not understand how they can justify full price parking for less than a half a day at the park. At least make it $5-$10...

As for getting a platinum pass, I don't think it is worth it. I don't think I would use any of the other perks besides parking. And if I only go 3 times a year, that still doesn't make up the difference.

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

CoasterGuy15 said:

I just do not understand how they can justify

They're a business. People pay it. Why change it?

Half day parking at regular price may look like a rip off but consider that in that half day along with a large portion of rides you are getting all the haunts and scare zones. They may not be as intense as some I'm guessing but last time I looked into admission for a stand a lone haunted house it was not cheap. Something like $25 per person for one time through. Makes HalloWeekends seem like a deal to me. Of course I haven't paid separate parking in years maybe if I had to actually hand over the $15 I would feel slightly different but depending on gas prices I spend more than $15 in gas driving to the park so maybe not.

I remember the 'bad old days'

Season pass(platinum didn't exist yet) and pay to park,next came season pass with a purchaseable sticker to affix to windshield(if you used two different cars to go to the point,you had to buy 2 stickers,next came season pass with Joe Cool Club membership on pass to cover parking,next Platinum Passes. Cedar Point,Kings Island,Dorney,Carowinds,Kings Dominion all free,love it !

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

If you want to get on rides in under an eternity... Friday is your day.

Dennis Urban said:

I remember the 'bad old days'

I remember those days too, but I remember it more as the days when I would buy a plain old Michigan's Adventure season pass (my closest park) and then use it all season at both MiA and CP!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service