Corkscrew's Blue Train

I was just wondering, whatever happened to Corkscrew's blue train? Watching the ride when I went to the park last Tuesday and via the live cams, I have only seen the red and white trains running. Is the blue train currently in storage, off for maintenance, or what?

*insert obligatory millenium force green train joke here*

Probably only runs with 2 trains these days like MS, Mine Ride, ID and other rides.

I've seen Mine Run run with 3 trains this year on occasion. You can tell because nearly every time the train will pause for a few moments on the second lift hill while it waits for the next block to clear. Unfortunately, Mine Ride's restraint setup makes the load/unload process unnecessarily long.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

CPboy77 said:

Probably only runs with 2 trains these days like MS, Mine Ride, ID and other rides.

Mean Streak usually runs 3 trains.

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

Not like it needs to

Corkscrew has been running two train op since 2011. Every season one train gets taken off and another put on. You'll see Blue and something next off season...

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

There's just no need for 3 train operation anymore. They usually stack with just 2 train operation so running 3 trains doesn't gain any extra capacity.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Now I wouldn't go that far, but I will say interval is easier to achieve with two train op and did wield better numbers when they gave it a shot towards the end of 2010. Now it'll stay two train op.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service