New Haunt for 15

So i know its a little early to be talking about Halloweekends BUT just today someone posted this picture while at the park.

https://www.facebook.com/CedarPointsHalloweekends/photos/a.59047175...=1&theater

From my visit to Huant at kings island Slaughterhouse was the most intense haunted attraction. I would be thrilled to see it at cedar point.

Last edited by Frog Hopper King,

argues just for clicks

I saw that at the park yesterday and immediately thought of the one from last year "She's dying to meet you." I think we could potentially see this being a haunt added in to where Fear Faire used to be or possibly replace one of the indoor ones (Wax Museum maybe? Still not sure if it would be better as an indoor or outdoor attraction. Any one else have thoughts on this.

The new haunt will be an indoor attraction to raise the total to 6 indoor houses and 6 outdoor scare zones thus it won't replace an existing one. Check the details of this current years Getaway Guide. I agree with the possibility that the old location of Fear Faire is most likely.

CP Rundown posted this a few weeks ago, which could be a path to a new haunt. It looks like it will be outdoor.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Although, it does appear to be heading for that building (which I am guessing is maintenance or storage?) They could easily clear it out and put an indoor haunt in there.

The park has just opened, it isn't even the 4th of July and you're talking about Halloweekends! Geeeez!

Bluestreaker said:

The park has just opened, it isn't even the 4th of July and you're talking about Halloweekends! Geeeez!

Because it's the most wonderful time of the year!

When are we supposed to start talking about them?

When ever our hearts desire!

Gatekeeper2013 said:
Although, it does appear to be heading for that building (which I am guessing is maintenance or storage?)

The building use to house the floats for Starlight Experience and Halloweekends decor. Since they don't use the floats anymore, and the decor can still be stored in there during the 10 months it's not used, it's a perfect location for an indoor haunt. The building is good sized and has a nice height to it. I've always thought it would make a good haunt and I'm glad they are finally going to use it for one.

I can confirm today that the new haunt is indeed going to be in the maintenance shed in the infield by Millennium's first drop/turn around. The facade is taking shape and there is plenty of new building material (wood) by the buildings roll up door.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I was at the park yesterday and I must admit, there was quite a bit of Halloweekends prep work going on. Outside of the occasional advertising prop showing up here and there and the work on the new haunt at Millennium, there was also a lot of work being done to it to get Eternity Infirmary ready. They were working mainly on the front but there was a lot of banging, drilling and sawing sounds coming from inside. I also noticed just about all the props were set up for Cut Throat Cove when exiting Maverick. Eden Muse looks completely ready to go. Those were the only indoor ones that seemed to have work done, but I could not see Hexed, nothing really happens to the exterior of Boeklings, and the Zombie High looked deserted. Maybe I am just paying more attention this year but it definitely seems like they are working on all of this much earlier than they have in past years.

It seems like they are making more of a distinction between the kids attractions and the more mature attractions this year. In previous years the entire thing was just called Halloweekends, this year I saw signs for "The Great Pumpkin Fest at Halloweekends" and "The Haunt at Halloweekends". Perhaps some of the attractions are getting more intense this year?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

For awhile now the park has wanted to make a clear distinction between "family friendly" and "mature" when it comes to attractions. At one point they talked about only having the mature attractions in the back half of the park and all the family stuff in the front. Having the parade at 4 o'clock would signal the end of the day events and slowly turn into Haunt for the evening. Looks like they are finally getting around to implementing these ideas as the scary stuff is much more popular among park guests.

xfireboyx said:

I feel ya brother.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

Pete said:

It seems like they are making more of a distinction between the kids attractions and the more mature attractions this year. In previous years the entire thing was just called Halloweekends, this year I saw signs for "The Great Pumpkin Fest at Halloweekends" and "The Haunt at Halloweekends". Perhaps some of the attractions are getting more intense this year?

Yep. Been meaning to mention this but pg. 37 of the new September Cleveland Magazine confirms "the Slaughter House" (those teaser pics the park had up since opening day!) new this year at CP for Halloweekends. There is a full page ad. Also the mention of 6 haunts and 6 outdoor scare zones. My favorite time of year coming up at CP!!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service