My Vote for the return of 'Trio of Terror'

We miss having the Poe readings at the glass blowing house....was a great way to get into the Halloween spirit.

Anyone else remember Dave with The Tell-Tale Heart?

That was a good show.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

One of my favorites every year by far. I was surprised when they got rid of it. I think maybe they thought it outgrew the glass blowing theater but wasn't big enough elsewhere.

It kind of was about the last of the original feel to Halloweekends. I remember going there with my parents the first couple of years. There was no outdoor fright zones, only 3 haunted houses, and the park was pretty empty. It was very neat though in different ways.

1. There was more focus on the shows. There were quite a few of Halloween specific ones (and more than just dressing up in different costumes).

2. They did some little things they can no longer do, like have trick or treat from the Antique cars (you just stopped at various points). I think it's too busy now to do that.

3. For me personally at that time, I had never seen things decorated that intensely for Halloween which made it very neat.

4. The hotels were cheap, we actually stayed on property which was very neat. I haven't stayed at Breakers since.

We were just talking about this the other day, while planning our 2015 Halloweekends trip. The Poe performances were really unique - something that broke up the day a bit and made it feel even more different that what you experience at the park in the summer. I'd love to see the park bring them back.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride said:

...like have trick or treat from the Antique cars (you just stopped at various points).

Sad. That sounds charming.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I'd definitely love to have more Halloween themed shows. And the Antique Cars would be a perfect spot for a haunt "ride" attraction.

In 2010, I went to Kings Dominion during their Haunt. At night, they turned their Blue Ridge Tollway (Antique Cars type ride) into a haunt called Blue Ridge Bloodbath, which ended with a Screamster chasing your car with a chainsaw. My mom has always loved that haunt and has wished CP would do it.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service