Plinko

An employee was selling extra Plinko passes yesterday for 5.00 each. It allows two riders to enter Fast Lane.

I'm wondering why CP doesn't offer these on the website as well. It would be a great money maker. It would allow those people who don't want a fast lane or to marathon ride a chance to ride a big coaster.

I know it's a big money maker with the wheel and all, but I think people would snatch these up.

If they sold them that cheap everybody would be buying them and the fast lane line would be longer than the regular line, which would defeat the purpose of fast lane.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

That almost sounds shady to me. He was selling the prizes from the game without requiring you to win the game? What if I want a large stuffed monkey? Can I just get one for the cost of playing the game? Don't think so. I bet he's fired if they catch him.

-Matt

Yeah, he was definitely not suppose to be doing that. That's worse than guests sharing fast lane passes.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

That was not an employee...

They were employees on a day off in the park. I don't know if they were given those passes as a perk for working there or not. They probably wanted some extra cash. Anyway, they worked and we were happy.

Sounds sketchy on the employee's part. If there is any form of inventory done on those passes I doubt this behavior will last long.

I'm going there this weekend and I'd love to get cheap fastlane passes. Where do you go to get those?

Buy one for every 2 people in your party and trade off and on ;)

When my wife and I were there two years ago we bought GK line skippies from somebody outside the entrance for the ride. Never occured to me it could be an employee on an off day. Either way, we were stoked because it was at the end of the day. It would've been our last ride of the day, but thanks to the skippies we got to ride GK one last time and hit MF for a night ride to end the trip.

You have to play Plinko to get them. I just happened to pass a girl selling them.

Where did you see the girl? Was she standing by one of the Plinkos?

Sherri said:

They were employees on a day off in the park. I don't know if they were given those passes as a perk for working there or not. They probably wanted some extra cash. Anyway, they worked and we were happy.

If they actually were from the Plinko game and an employee was selling them on a day off, thus pocketing the money, that's 100% wrong.

Employees of Cedar Fair are not allowed to play games because they are not allowed to win prizes. There's too much of a risk of throwing a game in favor of your coworker that it's banned.

Prizes from games, thus, should never be possessed even by a games employee outside of working hours. They should be returned to a predesignated location.

Let's say that they weren't actually from the Plinko game but they were front-of-line passes. That's at best a risky situation for the employee to put him/herself in if not against park rules.

In other words, this is a great way to lose a job at The Best Amusement Park In The World (until 2014).

The employees were in street clothes near Frontierland. The ticket did say Plinko. I am not trying to get anyone in trouble here. If it's wrong of them to do that, they may have not known it.

I was happy. It was hot, the lines were long, and we got a quick ride.

I'll have to check it out when I go this weekend. It would be nice to get some of these for my whole family, especially since admission is so expensive now. So it wasn't right by a plinko, but maybe by that bridge between MF and Maverick before Frontiertown?

It sounds like it was just a fluke and this person happened to get lucky and get some for $5 and caught a quick ride. I don't think you're going to find employees or guests reselling game prizes that they've won or stolen all that frequently.

Last edited by MDOmnis,

-Matt

Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky too. I think it's worth checking out since it saves so much money.

Not sure how this would save you a lot of money as you can play Plinko yourself and win the passes. These are one time use passes that allow you to use the fast lane line. They are not a Fast Lane pass.

I've been to Cedar Point quite a bit this season and never once saw anyone selling Plinko passes. I'd say the odds are better for you to wait in line for the rides instead of wandering around waiting for someone to offer you a pass.

True, but we may have to play Plinko several times before we get as many as we need. This would make it easier and cheaper, and we would only need it for Millennium or Maverick because we probably won't want to wait 2 hours in the heat.

And what about when half the park sees the $5 single use Fast Lane access pass and buys them and runs to Millennium and Maverick? your 2 hour "free" wait is now a 2 hour "not free" wait. Hence the reason they only give the single use pass as a prize in a game - the odds are that you won't win very many.

I would love to see an employee selling plinko passes on an off day. I'd be making a quick visit to guest services promptly after. I'll keep an eye out!

-Tyler A-

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service