Cross Body Purses

After searching the forum, I couldn't find whether cross body purses are allowed on MF, Maggie, or GK. Has anyone worn them? Are they allowed? The CP website says waist packs. I am not a fan of fanny packs because they are bulky.

I'm pretty sure they are not and need to go in a locker.

They are indeed not allowed. You will be turned away promptly.

I have worn a small cross body purse on all of these rides. I just make sure I have it positioned before I get on the ride and put it on the opposite side of the buckle.

I have not been yet this year, but have been carrying them the last couple years.

Last edited by Wicked Twister T,

I think fanny packs are gonna make a comeback...soon.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I have been wearing my crossbody all season on all coasters and we go at least once a week. I have not been turned away yet, and in fact I have even purchased ride photos with it on. I have seen many small crossbody purses on every coaster at CP. It appears they only turn away large purses, backpacks and other items.

Nancilee Jones

Chuck Wagon said:

Dear Lord, I hope not.

Sadly, I think he is right, take a look around next time you are at the park. It is a sad, sad sight.

TwistedWicker77 said:

Chuck Wagon said:

Dear Lord, I hope not.

well, they may not be the coolest thing to wear....but they sure are handy!

yes, I admit that I am one of the fanny packer~people that you see in the park,

.....and NO I haven't had the need to rent a locker in years

TwistedWicker77 said:

Chuck Wagon said:

Dear Lord, I hope not.

Does anyone else cringe at the sight of a fannypacks? I know, I know, to each his own but oh my god.

Last edited by clevelander,

Yes. But didn't stop me from using one on our last couple days at CP. Sure, they may look goofy, but they are useful. Was able to carry whatever we wanted (phone, money, sunscreen, gum, a few other odds and ends..) and never had to worry about anything getting lost.

Plus, it was nice because it was hot out, and by using the FP, was able to wear lightweight shorts, which I wouldn't have otherwise since they don't have pockets.

Plus, I REALLY don't care what anyone else on the midway thinks of me for using a fanny pack! The only person who's thoughts on subject mattered were those of my GF, and its her pack, so no worries!

I have worn a small cross body purse once or twice and been allowed. On Magnum they had me put the strap a particular way which I thought wasn't the greatest but I wasn't turned away. I normally just do cargo pockets but have seen people using the cross body purses on the bigger coasters this year and being allowed.

TwistedWicker77 said:

Chuck Wagon said:

Dear Lord, I hope not.

At some future coaster event, the park will give out fanny packs instead of lanyards with badges. Then you'll have to wear it to get into ERT!

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I have seen someone turn a cross body purse with a thin strap into a fanny pack wearing in the front and it actually looked decent. Personally I consider them a utility item and if that's what the situation calls for then I use it. It may be my last choice but I will use it.

TwistedWicker77 said:
Dear Lord, I hope not.

Gatekeeper2013 said:Sadly, I think he is right, take a look around next time you are at the park. It is a sad, sad sight.

clevelander said:
Does anyone else cringe at the sight of a fannypacks? I know, I know, to each his own but oh my god.

So, just so I have this correct...

Bins on rides are stupid, because no one (not even the family that visits amusement parks once every few years) should carry that much stuff. Everyone should be as adept at knowing what they'll need as a bunch of completely out-of-touch coaster dorks, after all.

Also, if someone does have a need to carry more than what they can fit in their pockets, and they choose a fanny pack to accomplish that, they're unfashionable dorks.

And last but not least, I've been to enough enthusiast events that I find it wildly amusing that anyone here would be criticizing the fashion choices of anyone else.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

I'm someone who only carries the bare essentials into the park. My wallet, phone and keys which all fit in my pockets. I hate when I see someone carry a whole bunch of crap with them like game prizes and bags full of souvenirs. They should wait until they are ready to leave before getting things like that.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

So then the park shouldn't even open the shops or the games until later in the day.

Sounds like longer rides lines and less revenue to build new coasters.

That's ludicrous. most people aren't there just to marathon ride roller coasters and wait in line all day. They want to enjoy themselves with the people they are with.
The shops and games are another way for people to socially interact and enjoy their time at the park.
Let them buy what they want, when they want.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Thabto said:

I'm someone who only carries the bare essentials into the park.

Wait, so you're saying that someone who visits the park 16 times each season has a better understanding of what they'll need for a day in the park than someone who visits once a year or once every few years? You just blew my mind!!!

Brandon

Why would anyone feel the need to take a bunch of unneeded crap with them? Whether you visit the park once every few years or every day, I see nothing beyond wallet, phone, keys, and in some cases medication, then sunscreen if it's a sunny day.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

The people that you see carrying around armfuls of souvenirs / prizes during the day might be resort guests who have the ability to go back to their room and unload their stuff at any point. Or they could be planning on returning to their vehicle so they figure they'll shop / play games before walking out and coming back in. Everyone plans their day differently.

Last edited by jsmith7300,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service