Arrow Up

Hey, wondering if we could get one of those arrows that scrolls up fast on the threads. I manually scroll up and hit the specific forum I'm on to make the thread read. No biggie, but it would be kind of nice if it isn't a lot of trouble to get the up arrows on here. Thanks for the consideration!

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Can you describe the use case in detail? Because the navigation breadcrumb always stays on screen, I click the forum title at the top (in this case, "Feedback and Help"), then click the "mark forum read" button. I don't have to scroll in either case.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Hi, Jeff!

I thought about it, especially since pages automatically go to next page, without clicking next page. Instead of manually scrolling up to "feedback forum" to click on, which will clear the thread as read, one can click an arrow, usually at the bottom side of a page to go to the top of the page to click on the forum. If I hit the back button, it doesn't clear the thread as read. No biggie, just an idea, because I like to clear the threads as I read. It would be easier to scroll up quick with the arrow.

If you'd never seen one, here's an example on eBay, although I've seen it on other forums, too. As you scroll down an arrow appears to scroll up fast.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=cloisonne+vase&_sop=10&_udhi=2...r&_sacat=0

If this is a cost prohibitive feature, please excuse my suggestion!

Thanks!

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

The individual thread is read as soon as you've viewed it.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Thanks, Jeff. I understand technically it is read, but when I hit back button, star is still there, if I manually scroll up in thread and click on "feedback and help" next to forums, the star will clear. Just looking to clear stars without manually scrolling up to the top of the page with the forum selection, thought of the little arrow. It's okay, thanks for listening!

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I don't understand why you're scrolling up. You don't have to scroll up because the same links stay fixed at the top of the page.

Well, that's because I'm a dumb a__, Jeff!

I'll try to keep the good eye open.

Thanks! :D

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I swear that pop-up header just blended into the background under my bookmarks bar. Anyway, not suggesting changing the color, I know it's there now. Thanks again! :)

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

FWIW, I didn't notice it stayed there until Jeff pointed it out in this thread either. :)

You do know that clicking on the blue "new post" indicators on the topic lists takes you to the newest post, right?

Yes, and it has a yellow star. That's why I said before if I hit the back arrow, it won't change to gray as read. But I see your header now so no back arrow needed. I like your clever header bar better than any arrow up would have been.

Thanks for the help!

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service