first trip to Cedar Point

Hi, I am planning a trip on June 30th and July 1st. We are coming from AZ to visit family and I had to work in a stop at Cedar Point! We have 3 kids and I am thinking about staying at Breakers and doing the 2 day ride and slide package. I am worried the lines will be long though. I am considering getting fast passes for one day. we had express passes for Universal in Florida and just walked on every ride, is 'tis a similar set up? Our boys are 10 and 12 and will love all of the roller coasters but our daughter just turned 7 and will not love the big coasters. So I was thinking of just getting 3 fast passes. If I do that, could my husband and I share ours? Like he goes with our daughter for awhile and then we switch so he can ride some of the fun rides with the boys? Or will the all rides be a long line do you think and I should just get 5 passes? Thank you for any input you have.

You must be logged in to post

Answers

Welcome to the point!

The Cedar Point Fast Lane and Fast Lane Plus allows you to advance to a cut in point in the queue for most rides that is roughly a 15-20 min wait from that point as opposed to the full wait time which, on some rides such as Millennium Force, can exceed 2hrs. The general recommendation is to wait until you arrive to buy them because you may arrive to find that there are scattered rain showers and the crowds are really sparse as a result. The fast lane bracelets are not transferable and are valid for 1 day only.

You are planning for a Tuesday and a Wendsday which generally have lighter crowds but you are also approaching the 4th of July so there may be higher attendance for that. Therefore it is impossible to give you an estimate on the crowd levels.

I hope that this was of assistance to you. Feel free stop into Guest Services or contact Cedar Point and someone will be happy to assist you if you would like more information about this.

3 Years of Fun!
Professional button presser.
Wearer of lime green and blue.

Captain Hawkeye -

I've gone to CP twice midweek before the weekend that contained the 4th of July. While not light, crowds were not terrible.

Aside from the advice everyone will give you (use the Soak City entrance, start at the BACK of the park--i.e. Maverick & MF--and hit rides at the front of the park--i.e. Raptor & Gatekeeper--later) my best advice is plan to stay late. Crowds tend to die down after 6:30-7pm and lines are much shorter. Plus, CP is beautiful at night.

If you do buy the ride & slide, back of the park early, waterpark (or a nap in your room) in the afternoon, back to the park in the evening.

Hope this helps!

tvbman -

Another Cedar Point noobie here from North Carolina. I thought I would add to this thread instead of creating another one.

Four of us are coming June 9th and 10th (Tue and Wed). Not sure when schools let out in Ohio or surrounding states, but as mentioned above, I am hoping mid week in early June will be ok in terms of crowds.

Thanks for the advice on Fast Pass. I was just about to buy passes for one of the two days, but will wait until closer to see weather forecast.

Anyone used the all-day dining passes? I got one for two people to share since eating every 90 minutes is a bit much for one person. Heck, I even thought of getting one for the 4 of us since you prob get a lot of food in each meal.

We are staying at Breakers Express, so while not on property, it still gets us in early. For getting in early, would folks recommend going right to back of park and work forwards?

Any other tips for first time visitor? Thanks for bearing with some noobie questions.

Captain Hawkeye -

Yes, start at the back of the park (Maverick, MF) while others are working their way from the front. In fact, park in the Soak City lot and use the resort entrance instead of the front gate. And, as noted, stay late. Crowds really die out after 6:30/7pm or so. Plus the park is beautiful at night

A couple more newbie questions for first time visitor, please...

1. Can someone give some details where the resort entrance is near Soak City in the back of the park? I have looked at Street View on google maps and can't really see a marked entrance. Any detailed instructions on parking here for early entrance? Is that entrance by the go-karts?

2. Drink cup. Is there a time limit between refills of the drink cup (free on first day of use) like there is with the all-day meal plan? Or can you get a refill anytime?

Thabto -

1. Back by Magnum, between the go karts and mini golf.

2. There is no time limit between refills.

jsmith7300 -

Here is a street view for the entrance.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service