MF Green Train

I have always been confused about this "Green Train". Was there actually one? If so, what happened

There has never been a green train.
It was a joke made way back when and it just snowballed.

I am to blame. I was insistent, and people bought it.

Or was I just creating a distraction because it was true...

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Thank you! Haha

This joke really has replaced the whole "Magnum is sinking" one. People never seem to even mention that one anymore.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Dragster was built as a counterweight to keep Magnum from sinking. We're safe now!

For Winter Chill Out, one of the maintenance guys decided to paint a piece of millennium's chassis green just to mess with people. This is a close up of the original shot. I took the pic and didn't notice it until someone else pointed it out to me. Then I cropped and reposted it.

https://www.facebook.com/greatohiocc/photos/p.894326807296622/89432...=1&theater

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

What!! There never was a green train on Millennium?? I'm so bummed now..... LOL!!!!

Maybe the green train is replacing the missing yellow train.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Sounds like a nice Halloweekends attraction maybe a seasonal ghostly "unlucky" green train. Or they could just make a green train or something. Maybe set a rusted up green train outside the entrance somewhere and have a spooky story on a plaque beside it for October.

It would be a lot of work for a gag only people on the forum would get.

So, zombie thread, but I'm a member of groups on FB and one is Amusement Park Portal. Admin has pics of MF trains in the shop and he claims the train is green...and has pics. Now I know there is no green train. He seems very convinced otherwise.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/446279452634367/permalink/740397223222587/

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

NM...I guess the maintenance guys are messing with people like me. One of the pics even has an OTSR.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Two guesses.

1) photo shop.

2) Didn't MF receive all new fiberglass bodies a few years back? If so, the maintenance team probably took the old bodies and repainted them as a troll job for every enthusiast who would fall for this kinda thing.

My conclusion is option 2. It's a prank. A well done, well thought out troll.

If you look up a few posts, Jason Hammond posted the answer to this riddle.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Those maintenance guy's efforts seemed to have paid off. Hope they see this thread!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service