Kings Island

We will be going to KI for the first time 4/25. We're 2nd year Plat. pass holders, so arriving for early entry is planned. Any suggestions for a adventurous route to take through the park? Weather depending, I have 4 coasters on my temporary 'bucket list' : Diamond Back, The Beast, Flight Deck & Banshee. Anything else is extra, as we won't be able to get a full day in park, due to other travel obligations and work.

Keep passing the fun along!

Yeah I am also going for the first time this year and I would also like to know some tips.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I'll be a first timer this year as well, sometime in July or August.

And just a suggestion, maybe you should post this over at CoasterBuzz, since this is a Cedar Point site.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Thanks for the suggestion

Keep passing the fun along!

Flight Deck (now known as The Bat) is good but I would definitely add The Racer to your bucket list. It's just your classic out and back racing roller coaster and it's great.

If you decide to do X-Flight, make that your first ride. Later in the day it'll be very long and the line doesn't move very fast.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Do Firehawk (which you could have ridden previously at Geauga Lake as X-Flight) and Flight of Fear early, because you'll want to do them again, if you're me.

In fact, do Flight of Fear whenever it's open, because there's no guarantee it'll stay that way.

Many credit The Racer with revitalizing interest in roller coasters and amusement parks, so it's definitely worth your time to check out. It was my first coaster ever. :)

Nothing beats the Beast in my opinion!!! Here's my review from our trip a few years back, enjoy your visit!

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/back-from-ki-wanted-to-post-a-few-comparisons

Last edited by shamrockcb,

I was lucky to visit KI on a day last year where lines never exceeded 15 minutes and Banshee was practically a five minute wait all day. Typically I would say that KI is not quite as good at line control as Cedar Point is, especially on weekends, but I have not been there too many times so I can't speak on that too much. I also try to avoid amusement parks on weekends if at all possible(I understand that that is not possible for many). My favorites at KI are Banshee, Diamondback, the Beast, and Firehawk. The Bat is your typical Arrow suspended coaster. Vortex is fun but not very rerideable. I find Invertigo...well...to be your average sickening and painful boomerang. FoF is suprisingly fun. I don't like The Racer very much. I find it to be uncomfortable, but I also feel the same way about Blue Streak. The Racer is pretty much a racing Blue Streak. As far as coaster line-up, I feel that what Cedar Point lacks(not much), Kings Island makes up for(flyer, B&M hyper, solid to outstanding woodie).

It sounds like you wont be at KI while it is dark, but if you are - ride the Beast at night, it is well worth it.

Kings Island Central is a good forum if you want to know more about Kings Island. Here is the link:

http://www.kicentral.com/forums/

We are heading down May 2-3 for a couple of days. Havent been in a couple of years so looking forward to seeing all thats new.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Seconding JUnderhill. The Beast at night is the best.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Flight of Fear/Firehawk right at 1000 opening is a must, low capacity, quick buildup of line. Banshee whenever, it's a people eater. Prefer back right seat. Bat, very back or very front, great ride. Diamondback, it's a B&M hyper, can hit it whenever, high capacity unless stacking, I prefer very back. Vortex, it's a must, it's a fantastic looper. I prefer last car, first row. Beast, do it at night only. Wait till about an hour from close then get in line, it has to be dark for a great first ride. It's honestly very boring during the day, it has alot of straight track through tunnels and woods, it gets boring quick. Let the first ride in the dark be as crazy as it can be. Invertigo, it's a Vekoma Boomerang, you can honestly skip it. Drop Tower, great view, great drop. Eiffel Tower is a must, take in the awesome view. Backlot Stunt Coaster, it's a joke, I haven't ridden it in over a year, not missing anything.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

noggin said:
Seconding JUnderhill. The Beast at night is the best.

You guys and the Shamrock guy up above, I agree with you 100 percent about THE BEAST! THE BEAST is the best wooden roller-coaster!

I wouldn't go that far..it's good..BuT..straight coaster track for long durations of time is almost sinful in wooden coasters IMO

Get Fast Lane Plus, then you can ride whatever you want in your short visit time, and you won't need to worry about sprinting at the start for any major ride.

Any btw, Eiffel Tower is so overrated unless you want a view. Backlot Stunt Coaster is quite fun, and yes, the Beast is phenomenal in the day. At night, it's unreal.

Tower gives a view, it does what it's supposed to do.

What makes BLSC thrilling exactly? It's just a 40mph coaster with some very neglected theming

Same with Beast..My car drives faster and pulls more g's in turns than that does post brake shed to 2nd lift

I've always been a Beast fan! While there enjoy a blue ice cream cone. It's one of the few places you can find them.

front seat of Beast at night.

nobody mentioned Adventure Express.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

JUnderhill said:
It sounds like you wont be at KI while it is dark, but if you are - ride the Beast at night, it is well worth it.

You don't even know how many times people have told me this. When I go in June for the first time, I think I will be sure to wait until night to ride Beast even though it will be tempting to ride it before.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

If you restrict yourself from riding it in the day only to experience it at night, that's silly.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service