Campout registration?

Hi all... I'm really excited to try and register for this year's coaster campout. We were not picked in the lottery last year so we'd like to try again! I saw on Tony's post that details were coming in March so I went to the site first thing Sunday am and have been checking back a few times a day ever since. Anyone know when the registration will go live? Do we know yet if it will be a lottery or first come first served? I did see that it will occur during the week and will be open to the general public this year. Thanks in advance!

Tony knows when it will go live... or maybe he doesn't yet. Your best bet will be to follow him on twitter if you don't already do so.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I'm sure a page will be made on this site as well like there is most events.

BTW, is that "Events" box to the right new?

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Well the details went live today... what does everyone think about the cost? I support that it's for charity, but it seems as though the details are pretty rigid. I almost wish it were a per person cost... for example, my son and I want to go, and since it's on a weekday my husband has to work. We would have to pay $200, the same as a group of 4. And what if you have a group of 5, you would have to get 2 sites at $400, to sleep on concrete :( I have wanted to do this all my life so I'm evaluating our options, but I'm disappointed that the pricing isn't more flexible. Also, I'm wondering what the extra ride hours will be. Does anyone have a schedule from last year they could post so I can see if it is worth it?

Thanks so much!

I agree about the cost. My mom and I were planning on going, but the $200 is out of our budget this year. I understand it's for a good cause but I do think it's too high. But for those of you who do go, have fun and I can't wait to see lots of pictures and hear about it!

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

The cost is the cost, and Cedar Fair wouldn't have gone with that amount unless the company had determined that a large number of people wold be willing to pay that amount.

A per group amount is, I think, easier for the company to work with.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Cost is too high. I don;t know what's going on with CP this year, but they're getting kind of ridiculous on certain things. What's next: charging us for CoasterMania? I'm not happy about this, as you can tell. Ya, charity is great, but 200...that's pretty steep. I'll go camping elsewhere.

^^^ sounds like a disgruntled 'I'm entitled enthusiast'.

Last year I participated but not as a camper. I enjoyed the 'pick your seat' lines on Maverick. If they're only allowing registered campers to this years' event,thats OK. Their park,their rules. I'm not entitled to anything above and beyond my platinum pass benefits. CP gives too much. The Coaster Campout is still in a 'learning curve' for CP and there'll be changes along the way for the event.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

We are probably skipping it this year too, just not a good time of the year for us, and it could possibly be quite cold that day (although that could be any day). At least the $200 does include admission for all people for both days, which would be nice if you didn't already have season passes, but all of us that would be attending already do.

Due tot he response last year and the VERY limited space I am betting the cost was added as a way to control the crowds.

Morté aka Matt, Ego sum nex
Dragon's Fire Design: http://www.dragonsfiredesign.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mattdrake

My issue isn't the cost, it is the date. That Thursday and Friday are both school days for my daughter, and while I love the Point, education is always the top priority.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

I'd say the cost and days were both for crowd control.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I agree with Dennis here. If it turns out to be a campers only event I'm fine with it. I will most likely be there for Raptor ERT. However, maybe there will be a non-camper registration with a separate participation fee? That way non-campers can still help out a great charity and partake in all activities except camping.

Hey guys - last year's event was a first, so we were testing the waters. We always knew we wanted to help a charity, but we needed clarity on the event before we could refine it.

The money all goes to A Kid Again. All of it. That means your food, ERT, admission and the time of our employees is all donated, just like Winter Chill Out. And we've actually opened up more spaces, so we're not charging that amount to keep people away.

The event this year is open to reserved campers only. You'll physically sleep in the park on Thursday night only, with Thursday evening / Friday morning events scheduled. We also understand if it's not for everyone.

But remember - it's all for the kids!

Director of Communications at Cedar Point

OnPointTony said:

The event this year is open to reserved campers only. You'll physically sleep in the park on Thursday night only, with Thursday evening / Friday morning events scheduled. We also understand if it's not for everyone.

But remember - it's all for the kids!

This is great but can we get any details regarding my original question? What will the extra hours be and perhaps what rides will be open? I'd love to take advantage of this but if it's only the larger rides it doesn't make sense for us since my son doesn't ride everything. If anyone has a schedule from last year so I could at least see that, it might help.

Tony, so taking a break from riding Fury 325 to surf Pointbuzz? So how was it?

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

My daughter and I went last year and slept right in front of the exit gate from the train. Sleeping on the concrete wasn't too awful since we had a portable air matress

I can't remember the exact schedule but at certain point we were able to eat dinner up front in the old pavilions were fear fair was. Once we got in and set up our tent it had gotten dark and the campout areas were closed unless you had the campout lanyard. That night skyhawk and maverick were open to just the campout people and it seems to me it went untill like 1200 AM. Throughout this they also had smores and drinks at one of the walk ups in the back.

Sometime over night it started raining ( about 5-6 am). We woke up and packed up and they were schedule to have MF and gatekeeper open all morning. With the rain (got cold too) gatekeeper never did open. The park did a great job of keeping milly open as best they could and we went on it 10 times. Took one time till the rain didn't matter because you were soaked clean through everything you had on and your shoes, Pretty painfull but made for some good stories. We then went to breakfast at Coasters and decided to bounce since it looked like it was going to be crappy for a while.

Probably missed something on the schedule

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Err, GateKeeper was indeed open for most if not all of morning ERT for Coaster Campout. I was over there re-riding it so much that I didn't get to Millennium Force until the usual platinum ERT and after the rain.

Thanks so much for posting the schedule from last year, I really appreciate it! I really hope they have a milder ride available too for ERT (like they did with the Mine Ride). :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service