going solo?

I finally got some days off (Fridays and Sundays) and thinking of trying the halloweekends as I've never been before. But still don't have anyone to go with at the moment. Do you guys think its worth going solo? Is it usually packed with mostly teenagers. I haven't been to haunted houses and the like for years. Not sure if those would be better to check out or the rides?

Fridays and Sundays are the good days to go on HalloWeekends if you're a rider as the lines are shorter/tolerable. Saturdays are a madhouse. It's good to see all the HalloWeekends park decorations. Why waste your time standing in a line for a haunted house if you could be riding instead.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Looking back at this thread here, it seems that you are doing everything you can to convince yourself not to go, and come on here asking for periodic support to get you to go despite that.

You've been given plenty of advice thus far, so perhaps its time for you to actually make a decision?

Well I have the day off tomorrow and could go. I just wish I could find somebody to go with or meet up there. If not, would it be a waste of time and money to go by myself if it turns out to not be fun?

Probably, because it seems like you really don't want to go alone. Stop torturing yourself about it.

It is not a question of whether or not you go alone. It is a question of whether or not you want to have fun. It is only a waste of time and money if you don't want to have fun. And how can you go to Cedar Point and not have fun? Even if you go alone.

of the 22 times to CP this season,21 were alone. I still talked/interacted with people I know,but a great advantage to be a solo rider in platform Que lines.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Go solo, don't always need people to enjoy the park. I've gone many a time as a guest alone and still enjoyed my day. Honestly I somewhat like going alone. Less talking in the queues & stuff I find my voice isn't hoarse by the end of the night. Plus I do what I want to do always, and usually also spend less money.

Also, to sum it down to a basic question..Do you want to go to the Point, or not...That's what you need to ask yourself

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I have to add that 75% of my trips are solo as well. There are times when I prefer it so I can ride what I want and the way I want. I've had some fantastic solo trips.

Again you're at an amusement park. Friends there to make memories are awesome, but if I want to marathon Maverick for a few hours I can

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I'll be going solo to CP the last week in May and will be there for a few days. It will be my first time to the park and I'm super STOKED!

Solo's the only way to go-lo. I've been going myself the last few years. It's nice. Ride what you want when you want, eat when you want, go to Soak City when you want, and get a nice big bed all to yourself at the end of the day and nobody to tell you to hurry up and get out of the shower. Bliss.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Sounds like a blast!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Love going by myself. Social enough to chat with others, but get to ride and do what I want, when I want. Probably tomorrow at CP.
Going on a 14 day roller coaster tour of the east coast starting 4th of July. A friend is following me to KI, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom and Dollywood. From there, I will be going solo to Carowinds, Kings Dominion, SF America, SF Great Adventure, Dorney Park, Hersheypark, SF New England, SF Great Escape, SF La Ronde, Canada's Wonderland and maybe some smaller parks along the way.
CF Platinum pass and platinum food pass cost about $325 which includes 2 meals.
SF Gold Pass and their food passes with parking for about $175 which includes 2 meals, a snack and all drinks.
Can't wait!

Took my son up this past Friday and had a blast. SV was just ridiculous.

Got the day off tomorrow so I'm headed up to the Point. Headed up alone for the first time. Any suggestions or tips?

Also, anyone else an on going alone tomorrow? Would be nice to say hi to someone...

Then you wouldn’t be solo, would you?
I went by myself yesterday and I do it all the time. It has some real advantages. I also stuck up a few pleasant conversations with strangers. One nice guy, also by himself, invited me to ride with him on a couple of rides. We did that then split. It’s no biggie, really. I enjoy going with friends, but it’s really nice to call all the shots.
Yesterday, for example, I intended to power ride but once the weather cleared up I wasn’t feeling it. It was a nice day anyway.

Yes, exactly. I go in a few weeks, by my lonesome as usual, and I can't wait. Just me, myself, and I (and the hundreds of others visiting the park, but who's counting?), nobody to tell me what to do or when to do it or that waiting hours in line for Steel Vengeance is stupid.

( On the other hand, as a perpetual solo rider, I've never been able to ride Giant Wheel... :C )

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Just bought the platinum pass and headed up early to get on SV before the general public :)

Going with friends is fun but I usually visit parks mainly for the coasters and I find that doing solo is even more fun as I ride what I want when I want over and over again

I’ve recently visited a couple of parks in Europe and noticed “single rider” lines are popular for coasters

I’m heading up for my first time solo this Monday or Wednesday. I think I’ll enjoy it better than going up with my girlfriend, because I know she gets annoyed when I talk about the technical side of things. Being alone up at the Point will be nice, because I can do whatever I want. I may even see one of you guys up there, and just talk roller coasters as much as I want.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service