Magnum came to a DEAD STOP. Ouch.

I enjoy Magnum but much prefer the smooth glide of GateKeeper. Does that make you or I wrong? No. It might, however, make me question your taste. I mean, there are people who *enjoy* Mean Streak. Like, what? *Shrug*

I do enjoy Mean Streak actually, again, in the right seat though. Of course it's no Beast.

I wouldn't want to live in a world without Magnum. But I would LOVE to see a B&M airtime machine at CP.

Brandon

Imagine if Millennium Force was a B&M. Oh baby.

It'd still be a boring layout whether it's a B&M or Intamin. Since B&M hasn't done any overbanked turns, as far as I know, it would probably be more boring and a long ascent on a lift hill.

I wouldn't say it's a boring layout. It's main objective is height and speed. Lots of quick low-high transitions and constant speed through the whole ride. I think it does it's job. Can it be done better, oh yeah. Levi rocks Millie..I can't wait to see what Fury is like next year.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Pete said:
The bunny hills is part of what makes Magnum the fun ride it is, nothing on Magnum should be reprofiled. What is it with people complaining of aggressive rides nowadays, especially you young guys? It's a roller coaster, not your car travelling down the highway.

In my opinion, Magnum is superior to many new coasters BECAUSE it is not silky smooth, you feel the speed through a little bit of roughness and sudden transitions on the bunny hills. The action through the pretzel is superior to anything on Millennium Force, especially when Magnum has it's trim brakes off.

Maybe they should bring back the "Have you had your Wheaties today?" commercials.

Pete, by reading this forum, and from your suggestion in another thread, I've had my most enjoyable trips on Magnum.

That suggestion is: TIGHTEN DOWN THE SEAT BELT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!

Seriously, it does change the ride experience. Since I've let the seat belt do the work, I have a trouble free ride. No bruises from the bunny hills.

Funny how some people will defend Magnum, but if you give some tips how to ride Mean Streak you get "if you need special instructions the ride sucks!"

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

I don't change anything about how I ride on Maggie, and I enjoy the hell out of it, trimless and all

The difference too is Maggie is fun, Mean Streak has a great twister layout & looks great, but just isn't a fun ride. I've sat in alot of seats & alot of tips, but the trimmed hill, lack of speed, shuffling, and just honestly lack of anything I enjoy out of a coaster just isn't there.

If it got reprofiled so it didn't shuffle and removed the trim and made it more maint. friendly so it didn't destroy itself I'd probably love the hell out of it. See Blue Streak, I could marathon that from open to close, beautiful ride.

You've said this before, though I think this is the first time you've used your incredible nickname for Magnum twice in a post. I could be wrong. As for Meanie, if you don't like Meanie, don't ride Meanie. Lots of people do enjoy it, just like they enjoy Bluie, Gatey, Rapty, WickyT, Millie, Mavy, Irony, Draggie, WoodyX, Wildy, Gmoney and Manty...er, Rougie.

I like riding Maggie!

Pete said:
Yes, agree. Scottyf, what you find rough as hell I find enjoyable. So, I see and respect your viewpoint, but what I said is far from silly. To each their own, that's why CP has a nice selection of different coasters.

Agree with Scotty. Unless your a fan of spine compression, those bunny hills are a bit too violent. I don't remember them being like that when Magnum was new.

I don't hate the ride, just saying it could be better. Not sure why some people like being beat up on a coaster.

Scotty...Are you unaware that coasters have names like that...Maggie...Millie..Draggin Iron..Gatesleeper..etc. the list goes on

Lol...But it doesn't beat you up..I come off the ride and walk down the ramp/reride with no issues. Hey it is what it is, but honestly it's not the roughest out there. Take Voyage for example, that thing tries to beat the hell out of you

I agree with what was said about MF. The real draw there appears to be a constant 93 MPH throughout the ride and the speed you take these elements. I used to hate the ride until I realized the true speed and feeling of flight that you're supposed to feel on the ride. The purpose is different.

As for Magnum, the purpose is clear: rock the hell out of you up, down, and around. The final element wouldn't be a field of triangular bunny hops if this wasn't the purpose. I love the speed on Maggie, and when those trim are off going into the pretzel, OH BOY do I get excited because the run back to the station is a race for your life. So thrilling.

Mean Streak: No comment. Keep your vertebrae in line. I can't even enjoy it because it is just SO slow.

coasterJay said:

I don't remember them being like that when Magnum was new.

Sucks getting young doesn't it?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

TheEternalQuestioner said:
Imagine if Millennium Force was a B&M. Oh baby.

Go to Carowinds next season. :)

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Leviathan isn't even the best ride in that park - Behemoth is. I still don't understand the smooth/speed thing. I'll just drive fast on the highway if I want that. I want airtime and lateral G's.

Again...different strokes for different folks. I'm an airtime guy, which is why Maverick in the very back of the train is my favorite coaster at CP

Magnum and Maverick are my two favorites. Agreed about Behemoth, easily my favorite ride at Canada's Wonderland. With Fast Lane, rode Leviathan twice but Behemoth over 10 times.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Has anyone rode Levi post tunnel addition? I rode in the beginning with a vacant first drop which was still good, but I bet the tunnel is quite interesting

^the tunnel at the bottom is a cool effect, though I never rode it pre-tunnel

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service