Halloweekends After Dusk - Kids??

Hi - I'm new here and had a question regarding Halloweekends. We've only gone once before and left prior to it getting dark because our kids were so young. We are planning on going this upcoming weekend and will be taking our kids again (ages 8&9). We are going to ride and are mainly skipping the haunted attractions. So, I am basically wondering if it will be appropriate for them at night.Can you avoid the outdoor walk-throughs, will random scary people approach us? Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Yes they will be approached, and at that age, probably targeted in all honesty.

The answer depends on your children's level of sensitivity to such things. If they are resilient, can handle jump scares and have the awareness that such things are fake and only designed for fun, then they should be able to handle it.

That said, being in wide-open areas, the walkthroughs are much easier on kids than the houses are from a claustrophobia standpoint.

I say go for it. Even if they end up being terrified, you can call an audible and still get to all the family friendly stuff without ever having to pass through or near a fear zone. The only real inconveniences are Screamworks and Tombstone Terrortory. One blocks the convenience of Frontier Trail, the other surrounds the frontier train station. That, and Planet Snoopy (not Camp Snoopy), is open all night.

Yeah. Camp Snoopy towards the back of the park, is closed at night for Carnevil, and Cari, let me remind you that the monsters can't touch the kids, and the gore levels are pretty low. The haunted attractions and actors here go for mainly that spooky atmosphere and a lot of jump scares.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

You'll only be approached if you enter the outdoor scare zones, but those are easy to avoid. You'll have to stay out of Frontiertown and Frontier Trail, but you can still get around. Do that and you'll be fine after dark.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I think you'll be fine. Remember, the Screamsters don't just roam the entire park, so it is possible to completely avoid those area. As previously mentioned, do not go into Frontier Trail or Frontier Town after 8pm, but all of the other haunts/walkthroughs have specified areas that you actually have to walk into in order to experience them.

As long as you avoid these areas, I think you and your kids will be perfectly fine! Be sure to take advantage of the fun family and kid activities that take place during the daytime.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Great, thank you so much! I really appreciate all of your input! Looking forward to a great time.

We always stay in the park until close with out kids and have never had a problem. The only costumed employees who roam the main areas are kid-friendly characters such as mother goose, princesses, and friendly witches. The scary guys stick to the designated scare zones, which are easy to avoid. My only word of caution would be, if your kids are really sensitive, that the screamsters will walk, procession style, in costume and makeup to the screamster ceremony, then to their respective scare zones shortly before 8pm. This event is actually a favorite with my kids, even the ones who won't go near the scare zones. In the scare zones, our experience has been different from Scottyf's. The kids are usually left alone, and if the screamsters do interact with them, it's in a mild or silly way. I like to go in with my 21 year old daughter. The screamsters are relentless when it's just the two of us. It's brilliant! When we go in the the hubby and kids, it's an entirely different experience. All in all, it's a family friendly event, even the scariest stuff there isn't too terrifying. I hope you guys have a great time!

The OP was talking about ages 8 & 9. Mine at that point was 9, and way more often than not, they went up to him. Not downright screaming and such, but you know, the move where they follow right behind you and sneak around and get in their face, doing a startling effect without saying much of anything.

As for younger/smaller kids, yeah, they tend to be avoided, because there's no good that comes from terrifying a 4 year old.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service