So How Was Hexed?

Okay, I know it is a tad bit early to start this page, but for the people who attended the HalloWeekends preview, how was Hexed and Tombstone Terror-Tory? What is the layout like, is it pretty scary, and how does it compare to Happy Jack's (which I must say was Cedar Point's best haunt).

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

I didn't do hexed because I didn't feel like waiting after I didn't have to for the rides lol. But Tombstone was a disappointment. It was not as large as expected, it seemed to have boundaries of right after the three point shoot out to railroad tracks by MS all the way to about 20 ft away from Mavericks entrance. Wasn't great on theming either, a lot of bales of hay. I wasn't too impressed with this one but I am sure Hexed was much better.

We enjoyed it. There was one notable stunt in there that I won't give away.

The one photo that I saw of it reminds me of Resident Evil.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I thought Hexed had great potential you can tell that for many of them it was their first nights so for a haunted house to be good we can just wait and then it will develop into a great haunt as for Tombstone Terror - Tory this one doesn't need any developing it was a great walkthrough and love the theme the only problem is that its too short it needs to be longer some how. I hope I did good not giving away anything to others.

Maverick - "The West Was Never This Wild"

Hexed was all about witches, so it was filled with women actors, which I found really cool. I really don't know how expand on that point without sounding like either a complete perv or just a misandrist.

I'm also unaware of the "notable stunt" referenced above. Nothing quite stood out like that for me.

On another note, I also noticed that Zombie High School had some more mature actors, as in like 50+. I thought that was damn effective awesome in many ways.

I was a bit disappointed with hexed. The house and all of the props looked outstanding, but felt the energy from the actors just wasn't there. It also was the first weekend so it is a little early to judge.

I was thoroughly disappointed with tombstone. I think the main problem here is the location and not enough fog. As I walk through I look around and can pretty much see what is happening in the entire zone. Also if you want to ride maverick, mean streak, or go to the train station you don't have any way to avoid the zone. This seems like a bad choice and I wouldn't be suprised if there are complaints. I would have taken fear faire over this any day.

Last edited by Samurai,

Unfortunately, being that close to the actual point, there's a lot of wind that whips in from the train station area without much breakage. That doesn't make fogging all that easy. It's really the only place you can put it without isolating family things like the swinger, cars, town hall, etc.

Hexed was very well done, great props. It is a very long haunted house. As for the screamsters, remember that the first weekend they are just getting their acts down. That's the case every year and they do improve as the weeks go on.

I think Tombstone is a good addition. It livens up an normally unused part of the park. Yes it's not a big zone, but it gets you to Cut Throat Cove and Eden Musee with a little extra compared to the past.

I liked Hexed. The props were really good, and I wish I could have taken longer to walk through so I could see more of it. I did see some male screamsters in there, here and there.

Yeah there were some male screamsters in there that looked like Avatars (just saying) but I seriously thought Hexed was a complete wasteful investment in my opinion. It was too short, but yeah I will give it to the actors for it being the first weekend - basically I certainly would just do the scarezones the first couple Halloweekends.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service