Has there been maintenance on this site late at night?

For the past few days, when I try to get to this site around midnight, it's been down. Are there some upgrades or a new site coming? If there's something new coming, I look forward to it.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I've noticed the same thing. I never get an error or anything, but if I try to go on here late at night the site will just sometimes not load.

Jeff moved the site to a new hosting provider. That's why you may have noticed some issues, including having to log back in.

A new version of PointBuzz is coming, but it's going to be a while yet.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Yes, the site was moved over the weekend. Last night it might have appeared "down" for five minutes or so as I moved it between virtual servers to get some accounting issues squared away. At some point over the next year we'll have to pull it down again to migrate the database to a cheaper plan. I always try to do this kind of down time late on the weekends, when fewer people are on the site.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

But what about those of us who never sleep? :)

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

NyQuil and a few beers should do it.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

By few he means nine :P

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service