We should be able to flag posts

I think there should be a way to flag posts if there is a TOS violation or any other reason. Sometimes there are posts that contain advertisements that are up here for almost a day before a site administrator finally spots it. I think there should be a feature to flag posts that will alert a site administrator by email or text to help get a problem resolved quickly. I realize the site admins probably have a day job and can't always be on here but if there was some sort of an alert function, it could help cut down on spam, trolling or other annoying types of posts in a timely manner. I also know this isn't a high traffic site which gets hundreds or thousands of posts per day compared to other forums I go to. Good job Walt, Jeff and others on what you're doing so far, I know you are always working hard on this site to keep it good.

Last edited by Thabto,

If one of us doesn't check the site for 24 hours, does it really matter if you flag a post? The outcome in time is the same either way.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I said that flagging the post could send you or Walt an email with the link to the post in question, which would get the post addressed sooner.

So you assume that because we get email we're going to act on it instantly?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I think we should make a flag post button that doesn't do anything other than give the user the false impression that they have some sort of moderating powers.

It should log the user that clicks it out and play the price is right losing horn. They'll learn.

Or how about we don't incorperate it, let the mods get to it when they can like they have..

I only wonder why it's occurrence is happening more frequently than in the past. I mean I saw maybe one or two a whole season back in 2010 when I joined originally..Now they seem to pop up somewhat frequently.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I think he's talking about making it easier for admins, i.e. give them a "flag list" they can use as a one-stop shop for all things the users think they should consider for removal.

That being said, it's a good idea, but I don't think there's enough of a problem here for that, and hopefully it doesn't get to that point, unless it's just people yammering about off-topic stuff, like the safety of Detroit. All those people should be smushed in the face.

Plus people will flag people left and right for stuff they don't agree with. I see it alot at KIC...Oh he was "trolling"...Flag..

Yeah I don't play by those games haha

I say we just block all traffic from certain countries at the server level ... with apologies to Cedar Point fans who live in Pakistan.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Hey theres a few troops over there I work with, maybe they're interested in what's happening at the point :P

Are most of the spam posts coming from Pakistan?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I wish I could flag this post.

If you block certain countries servers on this website, how am I going to do my shopping???

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I don't think it works the way you think it works.

I was joking.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service